Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 873325 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1075
A solution to this has been posted; see posts #982 to #986.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1076
hello!
it is possible to:
- save the lyrics in a dedicated sub folder of the music folder?
- save the lyrics with the same name as the music file?
- to follow the line with a different colour when the song is payed?

regards

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1077
Yes to all. Did you explore the save options on the preferences\lyric saving tab? Here you can specify, for example, "Save to user defined directory" and specify the filename format using title formatting. The plug-in works best if the artist name is either in the saved filename or file path. I may have misunderstood your last point, but you can configure the highline and normal colour on the right click panel preferences menu if that's  what you mean (if in UI mode default colour preferences are used).

HTH

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1078
Hi!

I manage to change the highline of the lyrics but i try to change the save option to the "save to user defined directory". I create a folder called lyrics as a sub directory of the music folder. In "custom directory" i put the name lyrics but the plugin didn't save anything in that directory.
I want to have the lyrics of the songs in a specific sub folders of each directory of songs.

Music
      folder1
            lyrics
      folder2
            lyrics

Second, i want to ask if you can use the proxy address, user and password from the foobar. For now, if i have to change the credentials of the proxy in foobar, the changes didn't propagate to lyrics and i have to put the same credentials in the plugin again.

Regards and thank you for your explanations.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1079
If you use "Save to user defined directory", then entering the below as the custom directory should give you what you want.

Code: [Select]
$directory_path(%path%)\lyrics

I cannot really answer your proxy server question, but looking at the options it seems as though both foobar2000 core and lyrics 3 can be set to use internet explorer proxy server settings or if you want to use custom settings for foobar2000 core and lyrics 3 then they have to be entered in both locations.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1080
Sorry!

i try your solution but is not working.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1081
I just retested the posted code and it works for me; it created lyrics folder in the folder containing the music and saved the lyrics - which is what you wanted if I understood you correctly.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1082
Is there a way to make scrolling faster (maybe instant?) and smoother? I'm currently using the fastest speed setting and scrolling is still rather slow and choppy at times.

Also whenever I seek there is a noticeable delay before the highlighted line changes. It looks like it's waiting for the next timestamp in the lyrics.

(I'm using 0.3.5.2)

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1083
Everytime a song changes or I change song my foobar freezes for a good 10 seconds, and sometimes crashes. My friend doesn't have this problem, he says it changes instantly. Its definitely the lyrics plugin that makes it freeze.

Are there any fixes for this? great plugin besides that one issue

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1084
@ anon1

You did not say which version you are using - I thought major problems like you describe had been eradicated quite a number of versions back; at least nobody else seems to be reporting such issues. Everything works fine for me even on a very slow  XP machine. I suggest you try the latest beta if you are not already using it (0.3.6 beta 5 - see post #1 for link) as it has some stability and bug fixes compared with 0.3.5.2. Also have you proven its lyrics3, e.g. by using a basic install (e.g. portable) without any other extra components and then showing the problem occurs upon installing lyrics3? If the problem still persists, then please ensure the crash reports are submitted so that it can be properly investigated.

HTH

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1085
I have some .wv files with CUE_TRACK##_LYRICS embedded lyrics. I placed tag search as first option and added CUE_TRACK##_LYRICS to the search properties, but with no luck, both with 0.3.5.2 and 0.3.6 beta 5 - any way to get the plugin to display them?

Anyone?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1086
Is there a way to disable lyrics for songs? I have many instrumentals and sometimes the databases have lyrics that only contain artist and title because the track doesn't have any lyrics.
What I do atm is select "next lyrics" until it doesn't find anything and falls back to the fallback text. An option like "this song has no lyrics"/"don't show or search lyrics for this song" would be cool.
The very act of observing, influences what happens.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1087
See post #986 and preceding posts.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1088
And what if I don't tag songs with no lyrics as instrumental?
This would be waaaay too ambiguous.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1089
Songs you do not wish to search lyrics for have to be identified in some way; using instrumental as part of a multi-value tag would work for such tracks. Otherwise you could create a custom tag to indicate lyric searching should not occur and call it what you want. Even if there was a formal filter built into lyrics3 it seems there would still need to be a way of identifying tracks where lyric searching should not take place. This could be a context menu item such as "Never search for lyrics for this track" that when clicked saved a flag to the associations database for songs where lyric searching should not take place - but this would still require manual interaction for each of these types of song & for the vern to add the feature. The solution I referenced in #1089 pertained to what you can do now and I find it works well and automatically for my instrumental tracks. But adding the extra menu item would be a nice feature that provides an alternative and probably more intuitive solution.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1090
As I said, I would mark them as instrumental by clicking "do not show lyrics for this song" in the context menu of lyrics3.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1091
The vern can you please add an "Alternative Save" option?

In options page, Default save method is "Save to config folder".

I always want to save lyrics to my config folder automatically (with Automatic save)

Also sometimes I want to save lyrics to mp3 tag (additionally) but I can't do that unless I go to Preferences and change default save method but this is not good for me because Automatic Save is enabled, I don't want to save lyrics to tag all the time.

Can you add a "Save as..." item to the Lyrics Panel's context menu?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1093
hello

What should I specify in the plug-in settings for the next behavior
scenario:
When I launch and play musical track (file), the corresponding text file
with the lyrics should be found and attached, as was made before by
'foo_uie_lyrics2'
Perhaps, I should place a special command in 'Lyrics searching / Local file
search' ? I've tried several different variants, but still didn't succeed.
So I kindly ask you for assistance.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1094
I just updated foobar and this plugin to latest releases and now Minilyrics not in available sources for lyrics search. It was much better with it, because lyrics in plugin always updated immediately after minilyrics downloaded them.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1095
Has somebody tried this? http://www.musixmatch.com/

Might be a nice addition to this plugin, if technically feasible.

Alessandro

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1096
https://developer.musixmatch.com/faq

Why I only have access to 30% of the lyrics and not full text?
We currently offer only 30% of lyrics for Not Commercial Use (personal use and beta testing). In order to get the full view you need to buy a Licensing Data Package

How much does it cost to get full access to Lyrics?
We offer annual data licensing packages that are customized to meet your needs with fees ranging from $25,000 to higher depending on the audience for the data and which data are being licensed. We are not able to offer any sort of data license for less than $20,000. Usually in case of a web site we do offer a fixed CPM offering so you're charged every 1,000 lyrics displayed. In any case we would ask a minimum year fee of 20,000$

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1097
Oh my... Well, sorry for wasting your time, I guess I should have read more carefully before posting.

Alessandro

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1098
How can i upload my lyrics to the online databases which foo_uie_lyrics_3 uses by default? I want to support the community and share my lyrics.

I have already tried lyrics.wikia.com, but the procedure / coding is not user-friendly and time consuming as hell... TuneWiki is much simpler but i don't know if they support the timestamps which i generated with foo_uie_lyrics3 ? Also it seems to be another database which is not open for the plugin (?)

Is there a way to upload new lyrics to the "timestamped" 1-3 servers? An automatic built-in option would be nice... Or does it already work this way?