Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 491509 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #675
New version 1.17.1 beta 1

This is a quick update for Youtube (#403 error fix)

Reply #676
Confirmed 403 fix to be working :+1:

Was waiting eagerly.

Reply #677
+1, Same here
"Unable to open item for playback (Youtube Source: Server error (code #403)):"

Reply #678
1.17.1 final

Additional change: configuration of subtitles to show initially. Checkbox 'Initially turn off subtitles' in Video options tab was replaced by 'Subtitles to show initially' editbox. There can be specified a list of subtitles separated by semicolon. Will be displayed first subtitles from this list that will be found within available subtitles of the clip. More info is here.

Also, if nobody minds, option 'Previous video sync method' (from Advanced tree) will be removed in next version.

Reply #679
Great plugin!
Is there anyway to get fullscreen persistent? I have foobar on a second(third) monitor and cant have the videofeed on fullscreen while working on the main monitor.

Reply #680
Uncheck 'Turn video fullscreen off on program deactivation'. This option is sitting in Advanced -> Tools -> Youtube Source -> Video.

(Maybe need to move it near to 'Fullscreen monitor' option in Video options tab.)

Reply #681
Ah! thank you!
Did not occur to me to look in the advanced options :D

Reply #682
When i click on
...get more 50 for 'x'
Foobar will play this as a song and it will not open 50 more files. 
Do you guys know how to do this in the proper way?

Edit:

When I type just words it works, so for example if i type "trap" i can click on the
...get more 50 for 'x'
and it works.
But when i type a link to a playlist in youtube it doens't work anymore. For example: when i type "https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLML_tZ8093bpCw2QJjPAMLFlALG57Wuox" it doesn't work anymore.

Do you guys know how to fix this?

Reply #683
Possibility to add playlists using search box was added just in case. It seems that this possibility is incomplete. Will be fixed in next version. Before that you can use regular way to add playlists (menu File -> Add location...), this way works as expected.

Also FYI, to expand 'get more' item without playback start there can be used context menu Youtube Source -> Expand '...get more XX for 'YY''. Also a keyboard shortcut can be configured for this action ('get more' playlist item should be selected when shortcut is used).

Reply #684
Thanks! I really like the keyboard shortcut way of doing it.

Reply #685
Code: [Select]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As_4MEJUzeY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKbChvqADd0

These videos' metadata are parsed incorrectly, just letting you know.

Reply #686
If you are about extra hyphen in %artist% ("- Melano", "- Aero Chord") then you cannot expect good result in every case. However in this case you can change 'Clip title parsing rule' value (located in Preferences -> Tools -> Youtube Source -> Features) to this:
(?:[[【({].+?[]】)}]\s*[-–~:]?\s*)?(?:%artist%\s*[-–~|/:]\s+)?%title%(?:\s+[~|/[【({].*)?

Reply #687
This was working perfectly for me through Wine, but I upgraded to Linux Mint 18 lately and I'm getting the "Unable to open item for playback (Youtube Source: Page analysis, SSL connect error (35))" error.

I've tried with and without the libcurl_openssl.dll linked on the plugin website but it gives the same error.

Is there some way to confirm how the plugin tried to make the connection (ie if its really using the dll or not)?

Reply #688
If it uses external libcurl, after program start component log will contain line like this:
18:00:13, (ext) libcurl/7.44.0 OpenSSL/1.0.2d zlib/1.2.8
To access component log hold Shift key and press menu View -> Youtube Source Log

Buuut, seems since 1.16 possibility to use external libcurl is broken so log will contain just "Error loading external libcurl". You can try this version: 1.17.2b1.

Reply #689
Great, thanks a lot!

This version works.

Seems to work both with and without using the external libcurl.

You were right, the 1.17.1 version was giving "Error loading external libcurl" error.

Reply #690
Thanks for check. Internal libcurl was updated to latest version, luckily this also solved the problem.

Reply #691
i love this plugin. thanks! wish there was a way to search for playlists.

Reply #692
You should ask for this to be uploaded to the official components page. Seems super stable compared to the earliest versions and works really well.

Reply #694
New version 1.17.2

Changelog:
- fixed feed retrieving when search box is used for feed URL
- extended clip title parsing rule a bit, as it was discussed here some time ago
- fixed possibility to use external libcurl
- fixed possibility to setup audio quality group 'for all'
- fixed subtitles download for Youtube (did not work in some cases)
- fixed Dailymotion (didn't work due to changes on the site)
- updated ffmpeg to 3.2, removed flv, mp3, amr codecs (not used by Youtube anymore)
- updated libcurl to 7.50.3

Also site now accessible via HTTPS (thanks to Let's Encrypt).

Reply #695
Cool. Youtube added support for 10-bit videos. Also 60fps is available for them in all dimensions (for regular videos 60fps is available only for 720p and above).

Reply #696
Integrated search panel doesn't work for me, no results ever showing up. Separate works fine.

Reply #697
Well, that is strange. What Log says after search? Also, maybe you have added keyboard shortcut for Enter key?

Reply #699
So it is not keyboard shortcut issue nor search api error.

Could you check it in default foobar installation? To exclude possibility of configuration issues or problems with other 3rd-party components.