Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: how to unpack an iso.wv? (Read 39348 times) previous topic - next topic

how to unpack an iso.wv?

The title says it all. How do I unpack an iso.wv? What program should I use to obtain the separate audio files, cue, etc that I think are contained within the iso.wv?

how to unpack an iso.wv?

Reply #1
7zip, WinRAR...
Error 404; signature server not available.

how to unpack an iso.wv?

Reply #2
7zip, WinRAR...

oooppsss, it works. prety simple, after all. I thought it was some exotic program. By the way, with what program are these iso.wv made?

how to unpack an iso.wv?

Reply #3
Any program that can make an ISO file.

It’s just an ISO containing a WavPack file in the first position and then, usually (since I presume this is the point), cover art and other such supplementary files. The reason some people choose to do this is because WavPack decoders will skip a certain amount of unrecognised material at the beginning of a file, so in this case they skip the ISO header (and, I assume, any other files after the audio has EOFd) and begin playing the WavPack file as normal.

I would just use an actual archival format in conjunction with an archive-reading component for my media player if choice, but whatever!