Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Cuesheet with existing .wavs (Read 3929 times) previous topic - next topic

Cuesheet with existing .wavs

I started to rip a couple CDs with EAC into .wavs, but now that I read more about FLAC, it seems like a better codec for archiving (since I won't need to span multiple CDs for some albums, and the built-in error checking).

My question is, can I get get cuesheets without having to re-rip the album?  I plan on converting my existing wavs -> flac using Speek's frontend, and my future rips directly in EAC.

Thanks.

---

edit: Mike's -> Speek's 

Reply #1
I was just dealing with the same issue.  I am ripping a couple of cds straight into FLAC right now and then saving the cuesheets for backup.  You don't have to re-rip.  All you do is decompress your FLAC's to WAV and then use the cuesheet to burn the cd.  Maybe EAC will have FLAC support in the future and we won't have to worry about decompressing them first.  Until then, I think that is your only option, but it isn't really that big of deal, it works perfectly.
WARNING:  Changing of advanced parameters might degrade sound quality.  Modify them only if you are expirienced in audio compression!

Reply #2
Just to let you know that is Speek's Frontend, not Mike Wren's. 
Sorry, I have nothing witty to say here.

Reply #3
mmortal03, I don't have the cuesheets right now, just .wavs created with "Test & Copy."

Reply #4
Do you still have the discs? just pop them back in EAC, detect gaps and crete cuesheet (non complient). Then use Burrn or burnatonce to burn these without decompressing the flacs first, theres no need with these apps and they support all burners unlike EAC.

If you don't have the CD's anymore, why use the cuesheet? Burrn and burnatonce will read the DISC, nUMBER and TRACK names and burn them with CD text to the disc anyway sorting them by their numbers so they are in the correct order. All you will miss is the Pre-gap (where the cd player will count up in negative values just before the next track on certain discs.) Not to important really is it? There are several discussins on Pre-gaps in the FAQ in the General forum.

hope  this has been of some help,

Kristian

Reply #5
>  Burrn and burnatonce will read the DISC...

...these apps support offset correction?

Reply #6

...these apps support offset correction?

No, thats the only feature that they do not support, but, unless you are making multiple generations, ripping with EAC corrected, rippping that in EAC, burning in Burrn..et cetera, you really will not notice that  it has not been corrected. Of course if you aim for absolute accuracy and perfection, this will not do.

Thinking completly off the wall here, if you use a combined offset in EAC, and rip with your writer, and then burn the files using the same writer using Burrn or burnatonce, that should give a fully offset corrected CD, yes,no??

Cheers,

Kristian

Reply #7
Quote from: kritip,May 7 2003 - 05:11 PM
Quote from: g0a,May 7 2003 - 10:54 PM

Thinking completly off the wall here, if you use a combined offset in EAC, and rip with your writer, and then burn the files using the same writer using Burrn or burnatonce, that should give a fully offset corrected CD, yes,no??

yep
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."