Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can EAC compress WAV files that have tags and add the tags to the MP3? (Read 1389 times) previous topic - next topic

Can EAC compress WAV files that have tags and add the tags to the MP3?

I ripped a couple dozen CDs in EAC to WAV files before i figured out how to get them to convert to MP3 at the same time, so I tried Mp3tag for the first time.  It added tags to my wav files - great.  Now i want EAC to compress those files to MP3s, which it does easily with drag and drop but i also want the tags to be carried along, which it does not.  I have Add ID3 tag checked in the External Compression tab of Compression options but that does not seem to help.
Do i have to go back to Mp3tag with the MP3s or is there a way to get EAC to carry over the tags during compression?
Any suggestions appreciated, or even if you know what i want is not possible would be good to know.
thanks
ed

Re: Can EAC compress WAV files that have tags and add the tags to the MP3?

Reply #1
EAC does not write metadata to WAV files.
EAC does not read metadata from WAV files.
korth

Re: Can EAC compress WAV files that have tags and add the tags to the MP3?

Reply #2
Try Kabuu Audio Converter.

It seemed to work for me but the particular WAV I tried didn't have embedded artwork so I don't know if that would be preserved.

Tagging for WAV files is not well-standardized or widely supported and there may be some differences with ID3 tags.

...MP3Tag is pretty convenient because you can select a whole album and fill-in all of the common information at once before adding/editing the title & track number and anything else unique to each tracks.