Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Converting ogg to mp3 (Read 4461 times) previous topic - next topic

Converting ogg to mp3

I've used Multi-Frontend successfully for converting mpc files to mp3.

However, I'm unable to use it for ogg to mp3 conversion. I have the latest version of oggdec.exe and it seems to work but the mp3 files that come out are all cut in half.

Has anyone here had that problem ? Did you find the solution ? Do you have other solutions for converting ogg to mp3 ?

Thanks.

Converting ogg to mp3

Reply #1
I've used Media Jukebox to transcode from Vorbis to MP3 and it worked just fine.  Give that a try if you haven't already (it's my favorite all-in-one player anyway.)

Converting ogg to mp3

Reply #2
Do you have other solutions for converting ogg to mp3 ?

1. Look at ogg's Filename (info needed: artist + track title)
2. Put original CD in Drive and rip + encode with EAC/Lame
Let's suppose that rain washes out a picnic. Who is feeling negative? The rain? Or YOU? What's causing the negative feeling? The rain or your reaction? - Anthony De Mello

Converting ogg to mp3

Reply #3
What is it for ??
If it's for portables , I can understand... you can always use EAC (no sure of it) or CDex (I'm sure you can do it with that prog) to recompress your files...

But if it's to play those files on PC... It's just DEATH :'( to transcode your files !!! and the only solution is the one tigre has given...
A Dwarf has its own way to fight !

Converting ogg to mp3

Reply #4
I've used Multi-Frontend successfully for converting mpc files to mp3.

However, I'm unable to use it for ogg to mp3 conversion. I have the latest version of oggdec.exe and it seems to work but the mp3 files that come out are all cut in half.

Has anyone here had that problem ? Did you find the solution ? Do you have other solutions for converting ogg to mp3 ?

Thanks.

If you seriously want to transcode ogg to mp3, you can use lamedropXPd from my 'Others' page (link at bottom of main page). Just 'drop' the ogg files and they will be transcoded to mp3.

Converting ogg to mp3

Reply #5
there is another way!

audiowizz.  ok, it does not work properly (as it is not finished), but it does transcode from ogg to mp3 perfectly!!!!

Converting ogg to mp3

Reply #6
there is another way!

audiowizz.  ok, it does not work properly (as it is not finished), but it does transcode from ogg to mp3 perfectly!!!!

just to let you know, your site doesn't work at all with phoenix (and therefore I'd assume, mozilla).  The links aren't clickable, so I'd assume there are some imagemap problems, if thats the way your page is set up.

Converting ogg to mp3

Reply #7
Page also does not work with ie5.5
r3mix zealot.

Converting ogg to mp3

Reply #8
really sorry about that!!!

I updated the image but didnt update the image map co-ordinates!

I dont get much time!

Just move your mouse 1 cm above the link "GET-IT" and click

dont bother downloading it if you dont have win2k!!!!! I have disabled it from starting up on win3.1,win95,winnt,win98,winme,winxp (due to undesirable lockups and blue screen reports)

look out for the next release, its gonna be created from scratch again, its gonna be easier to use for beginners, its gonna have more options for advanced users, and its gonna blow your mind!!!!

if you do want to try it out you should disable the "transcoding warning" from the advanced menu as each file you drag and drop will create a warning!!!!

Converting ogg to mp3

Reply #9
lameDropZPd works like a charm. Thank you all for your help.

Converting ogg to mp3

Reply #10
lameDropZPd works like a charm. Thank you all for your help.

You're welcome!