Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Exception Error reading CD: unknown error (Read 1400 times) previous topic - next topic

Exception Error reading CD: unknown error

Can not rip a CD that I know that is good.

Every time I try to start the rip, CUETools Ripper 2.1.6 says Detecting Gaps then stops returns error.

Window 7 Pro 64 bit.

Re: Exception Error reading CD: unknown error

Reply #1
More details please. Drive/interface. Settings. Output path.
korth

Reply #2
Tried 3  different CD's, same results.  Device Manager shows current driver, checks as working.

Windows Media Player plays all CD's no issue.

Reply #3
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,116264.0.html
You seem unwilling to provide more detail so I'm walking away from this discussion.

Some final notes:
The only reference I have to that error is: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,66233.msg823344.html#msg823344
A similar error was caused by ticking the Test & Copy box (though that should've been fixed).
CUERipper has fewer problems reported using an internal IDE/SATA optical drive than with external ones. (Some makes/models may not be compatible. The developer does not have access to every drive made.)
CUETools & CUERipper users have reported more problems trying to work over a network than on a local drive.
korth

Reply #4
It's not that I do not want to give you more info,  just not sure what you want.

The CD/DVD drive came installed in the Dell Latitude laptop.

It has no problems ever before just with the application.

The driver is working, tested perfect!

Drive works with EAC but wanted to use this program because it is easier.

Thank you for your support.  You do a real good job with these forums.