Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Plugin request, change playlists with hotkey? (Read 3198 times) previous topic - next topic

Plugin request, change playlists with hotkey?

I have a request for a plugin that would be great for my style of listening. Often I'll be away from my computer reading. working on something, etc., with my cordless keyboard close by so I can change songs.
What I'd love to do would be to have a plugin with a list of playlists (for me arranged by genre). A hotkey would change to the next / previous playlist in the list.
For instance, if I get tired of listening to contemporary music and want to start listening to electronica, I could press a key and voilla, a new playlist is loaded.

Would this type of plugin be hard to write? Would any enterprising programmer be interested in giving it a try?

What do you all think, would you find something like this useful?

Reply #1
What I'd love to do would be to have a plugin with a list of playlists (for me arranged by genre). A hotkey would change to the next / previous playlist in the list.

foo_uftS already supports switching playlists, and it wouldn't be hard at all to add a keyboard shortcut for next/previous in the alphabetically sorted list of playlists.  I'll see about adding this feature.

Edit:  Ok, I have added this to foo_uftS version 1.38.  Test it out and let me know what you think.

Reply #2
Aero,
Thanks for the speedy update; your new version works just great! I use foo_ufts's playlist function all the time and now it is even better.

Thanks for implementing such a straightforward solution to my request. 

Reply #3
Thanks for the speedy update; your new version works just great! I use foo_ufts's playlist function all the time and now it is even better.

Cool!  I'm glad it worked out well for you.

Reply #4
-)