Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: What is for you the best album ever ? (Read 385206 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: What is for you the best album ever ?

Reply #325
The best album ever... changes with the time so in this moment is... Squarepusher - Ultravisitor (2004)

Reply #326
Catch Without Arms by dredg (2005)

Reply #327
Massive Attack - Blue Lines

Reply #328
An interesting question (and a variety of answers).
That will differ as much as it can, but perhaps you get a good overview to what will be "all time classics".

It is in fact for me a hard question to answer, the "best album" i own changes quite often and i would have to separate between genres (even if i hate genres).

Hmmm... if i ask WinAmp then the result is a bit questionable, it reports the soundtrack of DOOM as most played (it's a quite new machine), followed by "DOOM II" and something complete different "Brenda Wooton" respectively the album title is "Crowdy Crawn" together with some tracks by the Grateful Dead - at all not very meaningful.
Recently yes "Crowdy Crawn" is something i listen often to but i can't rate it as best.

There was times in my youth when i immediately would have said "Wish You Where Here - Pink Floyd".
Then "Triosonaten" by J.S. Bach (played by whom ever - even the machine)
Or "Wake of the Flood - Grateful Dead"

And yes to stay to one i would say "Wake of the Flood" is the Grateful Dead album i like best and de-facto i'm listening most time to Grateful Dead (mostly live recordings which i can't count as "album").

Reply #329
I'm not an album guy, but if I were forced to pick one where I like **all* the material it would have to be Earth Wind & Fire - All 'N All

Reply #330
Pink Floyd - Animals
F.O.R.A.R.T. npo

Reply #331
Don't have one. I could have listed a dozen but that's against the rules of this topic.

Reply #332
The Cure
Disintegration
cast out...

Reply #333
In a Glass House by Gentle Giant.

Reply #334
Today I say Sisters of Mercy - Some Girls Wander by Mistake.

Reply #335
Fleshgod Apocalypse - King
“We are not stuff that abides, but patterns that perpetuate themselves.” – Norbert Wiener

Reply #336
Stop Looking people.
Take the Dark Side of the Moon in multichannel, listen to it with multiple speakers wherever you can.
End of quest.

Reply #337
For me probably Scared to Dance by the Skids. It's so dang hard to choose though.

Reply #338
Stop Looking people.
Take the Dark Side of the Moon in multichannel, listen to it with multiple speakers wherever you can.
End of quest.

I know I should not say this but 'Dark Side of the Moon' is one way over rated album. Half the songs are boring. There, I said it.
Dub Side of the Moon by Easy Star All-Stars makes it more interesting.

Reply #339
I was also of your opinion. This album had a good sound for its time. I even preferred  certain ACDC or eagles albums.
But after watching the documentary Classic Albums: The Dark Side of the Moon , I changed my vision of this album and I listen to it differently.

Reply #340
Mark Snow - The Truth And The Light (Music from the X Files, 1996)

A pleasant, balanced, properly mixed arrangement of atmospheric music (mostly) from the TV series.

Reply #342
None.

I mean I have at least a few dozens none of which I'd call "the best".

Reply #343
Hybrid - Wider Angle

Reply #344

Reply #346
Björk's Vespertine album. It is complete bliss.

Not read the whole thread but this is one suggestion I can get onboard with. It really is epic.

Reply #347

It took me a long time to realize this LP belongs on this list; and I saw them perform it!  There was a time that I listened to it almost every day.