Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar media library listing broken all of a sudden (Read 224 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar media library listing broken all of a sudden

Hello,

I use a batch folder for all my music and it worked fine, barring the occasional hiccup. But as of a few weeks ago, I noticed that something broke with Foobar's media library - It no longer registers sub-folders (#1), and worse still, some songs are displayed as individual albums in the list instead of one folder (#2).
There are some other issues where it stopped recognizing some albums in existing playlists.

In the image attached, albums circled in #1 are all inside one folder and previously had a drop-down menu, while entries #2 are one album in one folder.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what happened - I did not update, nor change any settings in the program. I also do not use any plugins and the troubleshooter utility showed no immediate issues. I also tried updating after the fact, but the issue persists. I can't seem to find this issue anywhere.
The only difference was that I purchased more music. Does Foobar have a limit on how many files it can keep track of?

Version - 1.6.6 I'm on Win10 64x, and I did not update my OS, nor did I update any sound related drivers.

Re: Foobar media library listing broken all of a sudden

Reply #1
maybe try and change the 'view' dropdown menu on the left of your layout (right below your circle #2 in the first attached screenshot) from 'by artist/album' to 'by artist' or 'by album' and see what happens...

Re: Foobar media library listing broken all of a sudden

Reply #2
maybe try and change the 'view' dropdown menu on the left of your layout (right below your circle #2 in the first attached screenshot) from 'by artist/album' to 'by artist' or 'by album' and see what happens...
Setting it by folder structure is exactly how I wanted it and had it before. I must have been exhausted one evening and changed that without registering. Didn't even notice that was there... D'oh!
Cheers, I'm glad it was that simple.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021