Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 1.6.7 beta3 new exclusive output mode problem (Read 9241 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 1.6.7 beta3 new exclusive output mode problem

Reply #50
https://www.foobar2000.org/temp/BeepExclusive-50ms.exe
Code: [Select]
 Directory of C:\Users\WDAGUtilityAccount\Downloads

06/17/2021  11:24 AM    <DIR>          .
06/17/2021  11:24 AM    <DIR>          ..
06/17/2021  11:23 AM           210,432 BeepExclusive-50ms.exe
               1 File(s)        210,432 bytes
               2 Dir(s)  40,300,109,824 bytes free

C:\Users\WDAGUtilityAccount\Downloads>BeepExclusive-50ms.exe
PlayExclusiveStream() returned 80004005
FWIW, all these beepers have GPFed.  I have no problems running JB2112 in the same sandbox.  Why not see if the wasapi component DLL guy (kode54?) would offer to sell his to you?  These sorts of things are big time wasters.
BANNED

Reply #51
Beta 8 posted.
Fixed have been added for nonsensical "unsupported stream format" error and glitched beginning of track.

06/17/2021  11:24 AM    <DIR>          .
06/17/2021  11:24 AM    <DIR>          ..
06/17/2021  11:23 AM           210,432 BeepExclusive-50ms.exe
               1 File(s)        210,432 bytes
               2 Dir(s)  40,300,109,824 bytes free

C:\Users\WDAGUtilityAccount\Downloads>BeepExclusive-50ms.exe
PlayExclusiveStream() returned 80004005
FWIW, all these beepers have GPFed.  I have no problems running JB2112 in the same sandbox.  Why not see if the wasapi component DLL guy (kode54?) would offer to sell his to you?  These sorts of things are big time wasters.
What Windows version, what audio device?
I have the source for the old WASAPI component, I wrote it myself. It's glaring fault is that it needs two modes (push/event) because it failed to provide one mode that just works everywhere. Additionally it's full of hacks for Vista era issues that should no longer be used.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #52
I installed beta 8 and now exclusive mode doesn't work on my Modius anymore. It worked on beta 7 (although it still kept giving me the buffer too large error).
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #53
With exclusive mode in beta 8 i get error "Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported format" for every file on both Realtek and Dr DAC 2 DX.

Reply #54
Confirmed on my system too, USB DAC FX-X6
Somewhere, there's someone dying in a foreign land
Meanwhile, the world is crying stupidity of man
Tell me why, tell me why

Reply #55
Also confirmed on USB DAC Dragonfly Black

Reply #56
...  I have no problems running JB2112 in the same sandbox.
What Windows version, what audio device?

This is the Windows 10 Sandbox.  I see I didn't make that clear, other than the funky user name.  It's a virtual device.  Picture shows what I mean.  Like I wrote, JB2112 (always has only done wasapi output) operates fine in this, even in super-takeover mode.  I've only used the beeper exes.

Just checked again.  Whooops.  Sorry. Exclusive mode does not work in the Sandbox.  Nor does event.  Only shared timer. At least it reports not supporting exclusive mode or event.  Is that the problem with the beepers?  Only doing exclusive?  And/or event?  FWIW, I can force the format (i.e., select the sample rate, bitsize, etc.) in shared mode w/timer notify...all I ever use, but that's only 'almost like' exclusive mode.  In short, I suppose you can never mind this.  Unless you want to run in the sandbox (and probably RDP, too).
BANNED

Reply #57
I reported in another thread that i had issues with exclusive mode after upgrading to Beta 8. I needed to click the reset page button on the output page and then it started working.
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #58
foobar2000 v1.6.7 beta 10 Output: DAC Driver [exclusive]
FOSTEX HP-A4, FOSTEX HP-A4BL
Windows 10 Home

The noise is still terrible.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)