Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Swinsian on MAC, awesome! (Read 4812 times) previous topic - next topic

Swinsian on MAC, awesome!

Hi All,

As I'm an IT Infrastructure Architect by trade, I frequently find myself using every operating system going, however my day to day desktop OS of choice is Mac OSX, in the form of a 2017 MacBook Pro 15" most recently.

I have recently done away with my permanent home office Windows workstation, which served as my FLAC player for my main system. Of course, if you use Windows, Foobar2000 is the defacto music player (in my opinion)....

However now I only have my MacBook Pro and have always struggled with my music collection.... Even converted my 700 album FLAC collection of CD+Vinyl rips to ALAC so I could use iTunes... But its just not me!

Also ripping my CD's.... I have previously used EAC and then dBPoweramp on Windows... So I was glad to find a build of dbPoweramp for Mac.

Recently I stumbled across a program called "Swinsian" and need to shout about it on here since I think its the best foobar alternative for Mac there is. It even supports bit rate changing out of the box.

So... besides me blabbing on about my transition from a Windows music system to a Mac music system, I guess this is just a recommendation for the excellent music player that is Swinsian.

Highly suggest it to any of you running Mac and struggling to like the typical go to solutions (ALAC Convert for iTunes) or Clementine (UI Sucks).

Life-long Music Collection: 747GB / 25,646 Tracks & COUNTING! - 99% Lossless FLAC

Re: Swinsian on MAC, awesome!

Reply #1
I'm amazed that it's been around since 2011 apparently (https://swinsian.com/support/changelog/) and I've never heard of it.

Thanks for this, I'm going to have a look as it looks quite promising.
Every night with my star friends / We eat caviar and drink champagne
Sniffing in the VIP area / We talk about Frank Sinatra
Do you know Frank Sinatra? / He's dead

Re: Swinsian on MAC, awesome!

Reply #2
I'm amazed that it's been around since 2011 apparently (https://swinsian.com/support/changelog/) and I've never heard of it.

Thanks for this, I'm going to have a look as it looks quite promising.

I was surprised as well. I thought the only option for us MAC users outside of converting to ALAC for iTunes was Clementine. Ive tried to like Clementine but the interface is terrible, it needs a major update and feels laggy anyway.

Tried VOX as well, but the Library functionality sucks.
Life-long Music Collection: 747GB / 25,646 Tracks & COUNTING! - 99% Lossless FLAC