Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WTFPL license (Read 3481 times) previous topic - next topic

WTFPL license

2Bdecided:
http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/

That f#cking license is f#cking freedom, I f#cking love it
I'm not enamoured by the language, but I wish more people would dare to release things with "no strings" in this way.

Truth is of course that, once you open source something (unless you can afford a lawyer) then whatever licence you choose, for all practical purposes you might as well have used the WTFPL!

Cheers,
David.

WTFPL license

Reply #1
I'm not enamoured by the language, but I wish more people would dare to release things with "no strings" in this way.
The ISC license is functionally equivalent to that (with the warranty clause included and you can keep the same name). I thought you might appreciate the cleaner language. :)

WTFPL license

Reply #2
The ISC license is functionally equivalent to that (with the warranty clause included and you can keep the same name). I thought you might appreciate the cleaner language.

No, it is not. It requires you to pass the license. WTFPL is still the only OSI approved license that I call free.

WTFPL license

Reply #3
No, it is not. It requires you to pass the license. WTFPL is still the only OSI approved license that I call free.
I stand corrected. Can't believe I missed that

FYI, I couldn't find the WTFPL on OSI's website.