Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Mastered for iTunes tag (Read 5163 times) previous topic - next topic

Mastered for iTunes tag

Does anybody know what is the name of the tag that triggers the "Mastered for iTunes" badge in iTunes? Or is that badge handled differently? I have several AAC m4a files that I made from high resolution files, so I thougt it'd be fun to have that badge show up on them. Thanks.

Mastered for iTunes tag

Reply #1
http://i.imgur.com/Vj5aihf.jpg

This is how I see the "Mastered for iTunes" lossy files.

Mastered for iTunes tag

Reply #2
I've tried to figure this out, to no avail (similar situation where I have 48khz AAC's I've created using their droplet and wouldn't mind tagging them as MFIT, just as a goof).  There's no clear visible tag and tools like AtomicParsely and its variants haven't been updated yet, AFIAK, to enable / disable the tag.

I got as far as being able to go into a hex editor to remove the tag that way on existing MFIT AAC's I have, but no luck enabling anything and using a hex editor shooting blind like this is a recipe for disaster anyway.    Hoping that one day someone can figure this out!
---

Mastered for iTunes tag

Reply #3
tahaa7,

I've tried with one of my files and it looks like this tag is controlled by the "mode" value inside the "righ" atom: open the file with a hex editor, do a search for "righ". The atom contains 8 values: veID, plat, aver, tran, song, tool, medi, and mode. It looks like the "Mastered for iTunes" badge is shown when the fourth byte following mode ends with 4, e.g. 00 00 00 04.

Hope this helps.