Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Vorbis samples (Read 29449 times) previous topic - next topic

Vorbis samples

Reply #1
The two RC3 encoders

Vorbis samples

Reply #3
Another one (violin, without transient, but with noise as unique artifact).
For Quantum Knot

Vorbis samples

Reply #4
8823 (hayabusa) sample. Concentrate on close hi-hat cymbal (with e.g., 1.0.1 -q4).

Vorbis samples

Reply #5
White noise sample created by CoolEdit. I suppose some disagree with this artificially created sample, but 1.0.1 -q4 is very problematic to me.

Vorbis samples

Reply #8
Another sample for testing with qk oggenc.

Vorbis samples

Reply #13
Hello, here´s another sample. ABX 8/8 with qkt3.2 -q 4 (linux compile: Vorbis CVS + files modified).

Artist: Dream Theater
Album: Awake
Title: Space Dye Vest

Text: "This is not how I want it to end"

The "Th" from "This" sounds strange. Very subtle to me... I have no real idea how I can ABX it...

Maik

Vorbis samples

Reply #14
And another one...

Artist: Queensryche
Album: Rage For Order
Title: Dreaming In Digital

Smeared guitar. qkt32 does a better job than 1.0.1 but is still ABX-able. (tested with -q 4)

Maik

Vorbis samples

Reply #17
Bartok_strings.flac from Juilliard String Quartet - The Six String Quartet by Béla Bartók    and Szene.flac from Carlos Kleiber - Bavarian RSO - Beetoven Symphony No.6 (7-Nov-83 Live).

Vorbis samples

Reply #18
Arist: Dream Theater
Album: Awake
Title: Space Dye Vest

Another passage from that song Vorbis doesn´t handle well.

1.0.1 -q 4: Extremely "hissy", absolutely obvious ABX 7/7

QKTune 3.2 -q 4: Also ABX 7/7 - but not that obvious

Vorbis samples

Reply #19
Here is a sample for aoTuV beta 2 (and for vorbis in general).
I could ABX it at -q7 with aoTuV (but not -q8) and at -q8 with vorbis CVS (oggenc 2.3).

There's extra-noise on strings. I ABXed it on the second part (sec. 3.0 to end).

ABX logs are inside. Those from april 2004 (with "aoTuV b2" as name) are in reality prebeta2; ABX logs from may (aoTuV beta2) concern the real beta 2 release. Sorry if it's confuse.