Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: About Playback Thread Priority and MMCSS  (Read 981 times) previous topic - next topic

About Playback Thread Priority and MMCSS

Hello,
with my current system setup with FB v2, SQLite, VST and others stuff, even if the overall average CPU usage is around 30%, I having audio cuts on track transition and during other short but CPU heavy tasks.

So, I would like to better understand how to correctly prioritize te audio playback.

As described in MS documentation, MMCSS priorities are HIGH only above 23, while below 15 are low and below 8 are "unspecified".
I also noted that MMCSS has also the class "Pro Audio".

Stated that, why Foobar set the MMCSS class to "Audio" only and, worse, why the higest priority settable is 7 (that it should means below LOW priority)?

Kind regards, Andrea

Re: About Playback Thread Priority and MMCSS

Reply #1
In fb2k you can set class to "Pro Audio". Just enter it manually. Also see https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,111054.0.html

And thread priority that you can set in fb2k is NOT MMCSS priority. If you look at settings carefully, you can see that it is separate option.

Re: About Playback Thread Priority and MMCSS

Reply #2
Hello @Bogozo , thank you for the clarification.
Regards, Andrea