Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Disabling Process system media key events doesn't disable media keys (Read 1092 times) previous topic - next topic

Disabling Process system media key events doesn't disable media keys

Hi!

I am trying to get Spotify to run through the foobar2000 DSP chain, which I have succeeded in. The only problem that I'm having is that when I disable the media keys under Advanced -> Tools -> Tools
foobar still reacts to the media keys being pressed (as will Spotify do)

I am trying to disable the keys for Spotify only.

Re: Disabling Process system media key events doesn't disable media keys

Reply #1
Clarification, I am trying to disable the keys for foobar2000 so that Spotify only uses them.

Reply #2
I was hoping this setting would solve my issue (It's basically the same thing - don't want foobar to respond to media keys unless focused on the window itself), but it doesn't.

Reply #3
Seems that if "Integrate with Windows 10 Universal Volume Control" setting under Preferenced -> Advanced -> Display is enabled the media keys are processed regardless of the setting you changed.

Reply #4
Seems that if "Integrate with Windows 10 Universal Volume Control" setting under Preferenced -> Advanced -> Display is enabled the media keys are processed regardless of the setting you changed.
That does seem to be the case! Thank you!