Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_vis_shpeck (Read 726290 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #275
Do you know one called Twisted Pixel? Somehow when I run it, it goes to a separate popup.
No, I'll look at it later, thanks for the tip.
However, are you sure it is supposed to be able to run in a panel? Only some newer Winamp vis. plugins have that ability - usually an option called "integrate with Winamp (skin)" or similar in their settings.
Edit: OK, I downloaded that plugin and it indeed cannot be run in a panel. A reliable way to decide whether a particular plugin is able to do so or not (and if it doesn't have an setting for that directly, obviously) is to have the "
  • Show title bar for stand-alone windows" enabled in Shpeck's preferences. Then, if the plugin supports the embedded window mode, the popup window would have a titlebar; if not, it would not.[/color]

2) Chinese characters are displayed correctly in Milkdrop when changing track.
        However, if I press F2 to bring out the song title, it just leaves a blank space where the title should be.
    As I tried to explain in my previous post, it's not my fault and I can't do anything about it:
    [MilkDrop2] didn't support them [non-latin titles] at all in version 2.0d. Currently available 2.0e added a few internationalization features and shows them at most places correctly, [...]. Unfortunately, the "current track display" enabled by F2 is not working yet, although it uses the same information as e.g. the large text shown on song change. Maybe it'll work in MD 2.0f...
    Or am I wrong and it works fine in Winamp?
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #276
I don't know about beta 1, but with beta 2 I can't select "winamp directory" if winamp.exe isn't there:

If I put the winamp plugin folder in fb2k folder, I can not select it from the shpech pref. (the button is grayed) if I don't put winamp.exe in the fb2k folder.
But after putting winamp.exe in fb2k folder I can select it and afterward delete the file and shpech works fine (like 0.2.4.)

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #277
i love you Yirkha. thanks for this  makes me a happy man. if windows were my primary OS and i had the funds i would give you some money. unfortunately negative on both

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #278
Crashes when i try to run milkdrop 2.0e (even while music is playing). Other visuals work (milkdrop 1.04e, AVS...)

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #279
Thank you very much for your feedback.

Did you use latest Shpeck v0.3.0 beta 2 or another version? Did you run the plugin in a standalone window or in a Columns UI panel? Did it crash the whole application (a crashlog was generated and opened in Notepad) or did only a popup message "Plugin crashed in ..." appear? If the former, would you mind pasting the crashlog here in a [codebox‎][/codebox‎] tags?

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #280
Hi there,

I am running the one attached to the first post of this thread (Shpeck 0.2.4 from 2008/05/29 22:55 UTC). I am not using columns UI, just the default UI and the visuals run in a standalone window. Foobar2000 itself doesn't crash just displays a popup box saying: "The plugin crashed during initialization."

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #282
weird bug with shpeck 0.3.0beta2 and milkdrop2.0e, when i start the visualization in desktop mode and i click  icon on desktop a window with the move to directories command appear. i have to click cancel two times to make the program start.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #283
Make sure you tell the MilkDrop guys, they'll be thrilled to fix that - I can't.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #284
yes i'm sorry, i was thinking it was relative to the plugins but i tried later this post with winamp and the same thing happen as also crash of explorer '
so it surely milkdrop or just my computer who's suck

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #285
After 6th anniversary of foobar2000 on Saturday, it was exactly one year since first public release of Shpeck a few hours ago
So here is a fresh release for this solemn occasion:

Shpeck v0.3.0
(obsolete links removed)

Changelog:
  • New: Panel button images are now stored in theme configs (will partially break your current panel configuration).
  • New: Plugin (re)scan spams useful messages to console to help with troubleshooting.
  • New: Better message is shown when plugin claims to be for an incompatible version of Winamp.
  • New: Instant preview for titleformatting in Preferences dialog.
  • New: Alternate DLL load strategy - looks for additional libraries (e.g. NSCRT.DLL) directly in the Plugins directory as well
  • New: Works as an UI element in Default UI.
  • Fixed: MSVC++ Runtime library is no longer needed.
  • Fixed: Better Winamp compatibility (MilkDrop 2.0e).
  • Fixed: Length of title formatting in Preferences is no longer limited to window width.
  • Fixed: Startup nag-screen sometimes didn't appear.
  • Fixed: Unicode titles in playlist (IPC_GETPLAYLISTTITLEW).
  • Fixed: Endless loop when plugin in a panel failed to initialize.
  • Fixed: Plugin in a panel with Auto-stop is not stopped when the panel is hidden.
  • Fixed: Hiding a CUI panel with MilkDrop1 results in "OUT OF VIDEO MEMORY" message and lockup.
  • Fixed: Titlebar of CUI panel is not painted when the sidebar was shown.
  • Fixed: A few other cases where panels would behave in weird ways.
  • Fixed: Message about only one plugin active at once not going away.
  • Fixed: Crash when switching AVS in UI element to fullscreen.
[/size]Enjoy your holiday season and see ya all again next year!
Well, or tomorrow with 0.3.1 as usual :<

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #286
New: Works as an UI element in Default UI

Don't you hide that bit of information there!
This is what I've been waiting for! I'm sure others have been waiting, too...

Anyway, THANK YOU!
IDE? This is S-ATA!

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #287
My how time flies. I had no idea this component had already been around for so long, but sure enough, I went to the first page of this thread, and saw my own comment from a year ago. Congrats, and thank you.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #288
Thanx a lot for the update, i'll try it

Moderation: Removed unnecessary full-quote of the referenced post.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #289
I'm running MilkDrop 2.0e in foobar just as I type...

Seems to work flawlessly so far! CPU-time is not so high (around 35-50 %), RAM doesn't seem to be affected at all... 

Overall, very good work!

At least MilkDrop runs in the new DUI and in fullscreen, didn't test the other "standard winamp vis'es"

HOORAY!

I just have one question, this may be the wrong place to ask, though:
Is there an easy way to obtain all the latest presets?

On the official page www.milkdrop.co.uk, there 're only old presets up to october 2004...
There seems to be a forum somewhere on winamp.com where more presets are being posted but I couldn't find a collection for easier downloading yet...
Anybody care to help?
IDE? This is S-ATA!

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #290
After 6th anniversary of foobar2000 on Saturday, it was exactly one year since first public release of Shpeck a few hours ago
So here is a fresh release for this solemn occasion:

Thank you for this essential plugin.

Could you please add the ability to enter a relative path (or at least edit the path) for the Winamp directory ?

That would make this plugin portable as foobar2000 can be now.

Greetings.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #291
Well, individual plugins (e.g. for autostart in a panel) are remembered just by their basename with no path, so that setting shouldn't be lost even when things are moved around.

Now I wanted to be negative about the main relative path problem, but I tried something first and it seemed to work:
Use the hidden yet documented feature of clicking the [...] browse button with Shift key pressed and enter a relative path like "..\Winamp" or "." (for current directory) and voilà! Is that what you wanted?

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #292
Now I wanted to be negative about the main relative path problem, but I tried something first and it seemed to work:
Use the hidden yet documented feature of clicking the [...] browse button with Shift key pressed and enter a relative path like "..\Winamp" or "." (for current directory) and voilà! Is that what you wanted?

I'm not at home now and I'll be kept in suspense until this evening but this looks like a recipe for success.
I certainly missed that "yet documented feature" and it's like an Easter egg for me.

Thank you very much.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #293
is there anyway to lock a certain milkdrop preset so upon restart of foobar2000 the same preset starts up and not going back to random? I know you can lock it during use but after restart the lock is gone.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #294
A bit off-topic here, nevertheless it retains the state of the preset lock between runs, but having a fixed preset doesn't seem to be possible. You might suggest that to the Winamp guys.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #295
Not very elegant, but a solution would be to remove all presets except one from the plugins-directory. after that, shpeck would definately show the only one left... :/

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #296
A bit off-topic here, nevertheless it retains the state of the preset lock between runs, but having a fixed preset doesn't seem to be possible. You might suggest that to the Winamp guys.

It does not retain the preset lock between runs on my Vista x64 system. I have to constantly hit L then unlock the random or some other preset first, then scroll to the one I want, hit enter and then lock it. If I close foobar2000 and restart it, I have to go all over again to get the preset I want. The plugin should remember the last used preset or save the locked preset between runs but its not doing this. I guess short of asking winamp people the only way to "fix" it is to remove all presets but the one I want. That really does suck though if I wanted to then go back to another preset.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #297
Yeah, by "retains the state of the preset lock between runs" I meant just that it stays locked - unfortunately not on the same preset.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #298
I really love your plugin and I was excited to try out the Default UI integration, but it's not working properly in Windows XP.

When I start milkdrop inside the shpeck element, it doesn't appear to be rendering anything; it's black. If I drag foobar around, it leaves a trail of milkdrop frames. If I drag another application over foobar over where milkdrop should be rendering (or even click on the File drop down menu in foobar), milkdrop appears on top of the window I dragged over it. If I click outside of foobar so that foobar is still visible but doesn't have focus, milkdrop appears and renders properly.

...I just did some more fooling around with this and I figured out that the problem is somehow related to foobar's transparency setting. If transparency is set to Disabled, milkdrop works perfectly. If transparency is on at all, the problems I described occur. Another interesting thing to note is that the transparency slider works oppositely for milkdrop; if the slider is set to Maximum transparency, milkdrop is completely opaque.

So, the problem isn't that big of a deal, but it's there. I hope this helps.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #299
Thank you for mentioning the transparency problems, that indeed is broken a lot.

Unfortunately, this behavior is most probably unevitable for MilkDrop and other fancy visualisations which do not draw their output to the parent window (processed by Windows to be transparent), but render the output directly using Direct3D acceleration. For example, the "Classic Spectrum Analyzer" or even "AVS" seems to work fine even in transparent window.

Well, I would expect MD to just stay completely opaque at all times instead of doing the other weird things, but it's probably part of the same problem. Note that this applies to XP, it might work better under Vista and its DWM.

So, everybody, beware of MilkDrop in semi-transparent windows, DUI and CUI alike.

Edit: Indeed, transparency seems to work fine with Shpeck on Vista.