Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar missing songs into library (Read 5152 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar missing songs into library

My library doesn't load all my files. With 1 column it adds +- 80 procent of all my songs, then when i add columns there keep dissapearing title names, from 8000 to +- 1000 songs. I've tried a lot already. Reload the files, reload them in the preferences menu, delete and add the monitoring map,
Delete and add the columns, looking to the excluding options etc...anyone knows what i'm doing wrong?

Reply #1
Does drag & dropping files manually list all of them? Chances are some of your files have missing metadata.

Reply #2
thanks! i tried to remove the columns and make one with the filename only. Now they are al loaded. Just looking or it is tag v1 or v2 that causes the problem

Reply #3
thanks! i tried to remove the columns and make one with the filename only. Now they are al loaded. I've seen every field must be filled when you use the column of the specific data? When it's empty that file will not be showed? seriously? 

Reply #4
The general assumption using library viewers is that your metadata is properly filled across the board. This means by default files that lack the specific field you are looking for (e.g. ARTIST or whatever) will be shoved aside into a different branch (marked by '?' or as an empty field), or not shown at all. Each library viewer has its set of options to show or hide files with missing metadata and/or you can use views based purely on folder structure and filenames, if you want.

I've seen every field must be filled when you use the column of the specific data? When it's empty that file will not be showed? seriously? ohmy.gif

Well, yes? It's only common sense that if you want to show a value of a specific field it does not pull data from elsewhere?

Posting a picture of what you see currently would also be helpful, as it is not clear whether you are talking about a library viewer or the playlist view. The former allows you to browse your library (easily filter the stuff you want out of the monitored folders you have), the latter is where those highlighted (and also manually drag & dropped) files go so you can play them. The former might completely hide files with missing metadata, the latter won't.

Reply #5
It's the library viewer i'm talking about.  Is it possible to let it show the files with missing metadata in the colums i want on the screen? Now they only show up if i choose the column track only (filename). Otherwise if have to update the metadata of 3000 files (the ones with some fields with missing data) manually 

Reply #6
Without a screenshot I can't make a guess which library viewer you are using and give a specific advice. You can however check File/Prefences and look for options there.

Reply #7
I'm using the Facets library viewer, do you have experience with it?

Reply #8
Go to Preferences > Media Library > Facets.

In the Pattern column, remove the brackets from the title formatting; %artist% instead of [%artist%], etc. The brackets instruct foobar to only show files that have those tags.

Reply #9
Thanks, That's nice. It works perfect for all columns, except for the date column, when i let show up this column, -+ 200 files are missing. A little bug or another reason? Any idea?

Reply #10
Did you remove the brackets from [%date%]? As BenB says, the brackets force foobar2000 to show nothing for empty fields, instead of "?".

Another way to view empty Date tags is to press F3 (or go to Library menu > Search) and type in "%date% MISSING" (without the quotes). The capitalization is important. Fix those, and you're golden.

That's so plausible, I can't believe it.

Reply #11
yes, i removed them, but i'll try to do it the alternative way then. thanks!

i've tried it and 2600 date fields are not filled in

Reply #12
You might also try viewing those files in Properties for which the date doesn't display to see if that data is stored in the wrong tag.

Reply #13
i filled '?' in for al the files with a missing date tag and still the files are not shown when i add the date column. 

Reply #14
You seem to be falling into a 'rabbit hole'. only way out, imo, is to show some screenshots.
Facets, in this regard, works just fine.
If by your usage of the term "multiple columns" in your first post, are you talking about use the multiple column ability within one panel or are you using multiple panels of facets? Multiple panels in Facets work as a set of linked filters

Reply #15
i filled '?' in for al the files with a missing date tag and still the files are not shown when i add the date column. 

Facets is expecting a number. Instead of ? you could enter a fake year (like 3000) that you will recognize as nonsense, and can fix as you go along.

Proper tagging is a longterm project, so just take it one album at a time.
That's so plausible, I can't believe it.

Reply #16
I changed the missing dates with the program mp3tag into the year 1800 for now, and it works.