Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Official Playback Statistics component (Read 59187 times) previous topic - next topic

Official Playback Statistics component

Reply #75
is it possible to convert the last_played-timestamp back to last_played?

cause i wanna go back to the unofficial play_count cause i dont like the db-only-tags - also i wanna see the tags in other components like foo_infobox.

Reply #76
i like the fact that it tries to keep the statistics off the files, but it's just not sophisticated enough to track files that have been moved. maybe the move and rename options in foobar will allow you to keep the stats.
This isn't the case - using the moving and renaming things in foobar still removes the statistics. It would be nice if this could be fixed since it makes moving files and preserving the statistics quite complicated.

Reply #77
foo_playcount actually stores those timestamps as Win32 FILETIME values (i.e. 100ns intervals since January 1, 1601). If you synchronize playback statistics to files, they will be stored in text form as %first_played_timestamp% and %last_played_timestamp% (and only in that case will you be able to access the raw timestamps in titleformatting scripts with these names). foo_playcount provides the fields %first_played% and %last_played% dynamically to titleformatting scripts using the date format you mentioned.

Just out of curiosity: is there any advantage/benefit of recording the values in this format rather than the more readable format that the unofficial plugin uses?

Reply #78
I just noticed that when you perform a file move operation in foobar, playback statistics are lost.  Can this be prevented in future versions?

Reply #79
I just noticed that when you perform a file move operation in foobar, playback statistics are lost.  Can this be prevented in future versions?

Hopefully! 

I recognized that the opportunity to define in Preferences -> Advanced the time when the playcounter should be increased is very important although the behaviour to update aafter one minute of playback is very good for normal tracks. But what about tracks under one minute? Also audiobooks, speeches and more that last two hours and more. These are files that are often heard in many sessions and when i complete hearing it the first time i am told that it was heard five times or more.

Great would be to define the time in dependence of tracks length - i am thinking about using Tagz for that

Reply #80
iridium183, I really appreciate the work you've put into you're date/time conversion scripts. The only problem I see, however, is they cannot handle input values that were written in 2007, and write the year as 1601 (the rest of the date/time are accurate).
And does anyone have an idea of how long this "standard" is expected to last? A month? Two? 

Reply #81
As I have fixed the conversion from unofficial plugin -> official:

The play counting is easy since -as already mentioned- Foobar 0.9 automatically changes %PLAY_COUNTER% to %PLAY_COUNT%. Just masstag every ...counter to ...count or use something like $if3(%play_counter%,%play_count%,).

The LAST_PLAYED_TIMESTAMP can be read with %LAST_PLAYED% without the _TIMESTAMP bit. You get the correct date / time automatically!

Only problem is that if you used the unofficial plugin you already have the LAST_PLAYED tag in your files. Foobar will not read LAST_PLAYED_TIMESTAMP as long as LAST_PLAYED is there. So masstag all LAST_PLAYED to something else (I used LAST_PLAY). With $if3(%last_played%,%last_play%) Foobar will read the LAST_PLAYED_TIMESTAMP first and if that one is not (yet) available read the old unofficial plugin's LAST_PLAY tag.

Reply #82
As I have fixed the conversion from unofficial plugin -> official:

The play counting is easy since -as already mentioned- Foobar 0.9 automatically changes %PLAY_COUNTER% to %PLAY_COUNT%. Just masstag every ...counter to ...count or use something like $if3(%play_counter%,%play_count%,).

The LAST_PLAYED_TIMESTAMP can be read with %LAST_PLAYED% without the _TIMESTAMP bit. You get the correct date / time automatically!

Only problem is that if you used the unofficial plugin you already have the LAST_PLAYED tag in your files. Foobar will not read LAST_PLAYED_TIMESTAMP as long as LAST_PLAYED is there. So masstag all LAST_PLAYED to something else (I used LAST_PLAY). With $if3(%last_played%,%last_play%) Foobar will read the LAST_PLAYED_TIMESTAMP first and if that one is not (yet) available read the old unofficial plugin's LAST_PLAY tag.

You can also do this.

Reply #83
I have the Playback Statistics 1.3.2 installed. How is this plugin working?
Does it only update the DB after i have played a whole title or also if i play about 50% of a title?
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Greets

XadoX

Reply #84
you could try reading or searching the thread before asking a question.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #85
Thanks 
But it's realy hard to read all interesting threads if you are new. ColumsUI, PanelUI, Trackinfo then i will need about more than a week to read them all 
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Greets

XadoX

Reply #86
Update occurs after 60s of playing.

Reply #87
I have had various versions of Foobar v0.9.4.x hang my PC entirely a few times and I suspect Playback Statistics is the cause as I have it set to synchronizing file tags with database automatically.

I suppose I should disable auto synchronization - but I feel more comfortable with the statistics stored in my file tags. What is the general practise for most of you?

Another problem, I'm using foo_uie_trackinfo and will it will update the %last_played% tag live i.e. when the track has played more than 60 seconds, the play count remains unchanged until I sync the database info back to the file tag. Any suggestions how to deal with this?

Reply #88

Just curious, are developers aware of this problem?  Is it not a problem at all, but rather intended behavior?  It's becoming very frustrating to lose all that data when I move files.

edit: Also, can the wiki page for this component be unlocked so that I can add that info from a few posts ago?  Or can someone else add it?  Those are important facts about the way the component behaves, it's a shame that you have to mine the forum to learn them.

And is there any chance of getting access to the wiki to include information about the component's behavior?

Finally, it would be nice to have an option to undo file tag synchronization, something that would take the data out of the tags and put them exclusively into the config file.  Currently, removing the hard tags removes the "virtual" data as well.

Reply #89
I would also like to have the possibility to customize the timestamp setting behavior in some kind of an properties dialog.

1. minimum play time: The time a song has to be played before %play_count% is increased. I would prefer a setting in percent.
2. saving time: The time the tag is saved to db or file. This can be at minimum play time or the end of the song.

Reply #90

Just curious, are developers aware of this problem?  Is it not a problem at all, but rather intended behavior?  It's becoming very frustrating to lose all that data when I move files.

This is a limitation of the implementation and was known from the start. As far as I know it cannot be fixed without breaking compatibility with the stored data (the one in foobar2000.cfg, file tags are safe).

edit: Also, can the wiki page for this component be unlocked so that I can add that info from a few posts ago?  Or can someone else add it?  Those are important facts about the way the component behaves, it's a shame that you have to mine the forum to learn them.

And is there any chance of getting access to the wiki to include information about the component's behavior?

As far as I can see, there is no special protection for that wiki page. There used to be a hint on the edit error page that you (a) need to have a wiki account to edit any page at all, and (b) need to contact Jan S. on the forum (include your wiki username in the message).

Reply #91
Thanks foosion.

This is a limitation of the implementation and was known from the start. As far as I know it cannot be fixed without breaking compatibility with the stored data (the one in foobar2000.cfg, file tags are safe).

In that case, would it be possible to implement my other suggestion, that there be a command to remove file-embedded playstamp tags, leaving the data only in foobar2000.cfg?  I imagine this would be convenient anyway, for people who've been writing to their files and would like to stop doing that -- plus it would allow you to temporarily write the playstamps to the file tags, move the files (with playstamps preserved), then take them back out of the files.

Reply #92
In that case, would it be possible to implement my other suggestion, that there be a command to remove file-embedded playstamp tags, leaving the data only in foobar2000.cfg?

You can already do this. Just remove file-embedded playstamp tags using anyway you like (Masstagger is recommended). playcount info in CFG file will still be intact.

What i would like is.. an ability to manually stamp playcount info to files tag instantly when i want. Right now if i want playcount info to stamp to tag and not using automatic synchronize. I have to enable it. and play each file for 1 minute before files get stamp. and that's very annoying

or ability to choose what kind of filetype to use automatic synchronize or just use database. right now i see that WAV file can use database tag only to store playcount info even if i use automatic synchronize. it would be great if i can choose another filetypes too.

Reply #93
In that case, would it be possible to implement my other suggestion, that there be a command to remove file-embedded playstamp tags, leaving the data only in foobar2000.cfg?

You can already do this. Just remove file-embedded playstamp tags using anyway you like (Masstagger is recommended). playcount info in CFG file will still be intact.

Strange -- I swore I had tried that unsuccessfully earlier this week.  Thanks.
edit: Actually, when I do this, the .cfg playstats don't survive the move of files.  They appear to at first, showing up in the file properties tab, but when the embedded playstats are removed with masstagger, everything is lost.

So I guess what I'm looking for is a command to re-write the playstats to the .cfg file.

What i would like is.. an ability to manually stamp playcount info to files tag instantly when i want. Right now if i want playcount info to stamp to tag and not using automatic synchronize. I have to enable it. and play each file for 1 minute before files get stamp. and that's very annoying

Can't this be done with the "Synchronize Statistics with File Tags" command?, or are you describing something different?

Reply #94

Can't this be done with the "Synchronize Statistics with File Tags" command?, or are you describing something different?

argh... You are right.. i remember that i used it once and it's screw my tag.(maybe because i do it the wrong way i guess) 

and.. i thing we both want the same thing..
So I guess what I'm looking for is a command to re-write the playstats to the .cfg file.