Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Filtering Cue Files (Read 10451 times) previous topic - next topic

Filtering Cue Files

I use the browser plugin for my media library and use the the created browser playlist to listen to my music collection, Is there any way of filtering the large files out of the playlist which have cue files. E.G 68 minute file is split by the cue into original tracks but the 68 minute file still shows up.

I have tried using Cue playlist Filter but the large files still show up.

Filtering Cue Files

Reply #1
Cue Playlist Filter should do exactly what you need, works perfectly fine on my end. Have you removed the "*.cue" from the files to exclude in your media library preferences?

Filtering Cue Files

Reply #2
It's not the cue files I need removing it's the long timed reference mp3's

Filtering Cue Files

Reply #3
On first glance, it would seem that foo_cuefilter should do exactly that--but I am not aware of whether or not its behaviour is affected by the fact that you are loading files from the media library, and/or perhaps if you have .cue files excluded by foobar2000 itself as suggested above.
CUE Playlist Filter

Have you got a lot of lossless music? As you know, it often consists of a single audio file (flac, ape, wv, etc.) and a CUE sheet with track markup.

If you add a single cue file, it is loaded ok. But what happens if you add a whole folder (or several folders) at a time?.. Right, you get a mess of both whole albums and their single tracks in the playlist. So you typically should clean up your playlist manually.

Another situation: sometimes there are two cue sheets for single album. One refers to compressed album file (like flac) and could be embedded into container, the other one refers to uncompressed wav file that even doesn’t exist anymore. Pre-0.9 releases of foobar2000 just ignored such invalid cue sheets, but 0.9 branch does add them to playlist creating many unplayable duplicate tracks and a lot of headache.

CUE playlist filter (foo_cuefilter) is a plugin to address both of these issues. When adding a bunch of files, it searches for those ones that are referenced or reference to non-existent targets and excludes them.
[/size]

Filtering Cue Files

Reply #4
Cue Playlist Filter filters out the referenced mp3 files. I use facets for example and when I add an album that is ripped as an image file with a cue sheet, I only see the tracks from the cue sheet. I therefore think there is something wrong on your end. My first guess is that cue files are still excluded in your media library preferences as this is the default setting in foobar2000:

Another problem may be that your cue sheets are not referencing to the correct file. Make sure that your cue sheet is in the same folder as your file and then open the cue sheet in notepad. Make sure that the line that refers to your file has the correct filename and extension:

Code: [Select]
FILE "thefileyouwwnateplayed.mp3" MP3

If this doesn't work and without any other additional information from your side we will be unable to assist you. But I can guarantee you that cue playlist filter is doing exactly what you want on my side.

Filtering Cue Files

Reply #5
I use another method. All my image files are named xxxxx.cue.yyyy
yyyy is actual format extension (tak, flac, wv, mpc...) so I just exclude *.cue.* and image files do not enter the media library.
If age or weaknes doe prohibyte bloudletting you must use boxing

Filtering Cue Files

Reply #6
Yes, that's a common 'hack' around the issue, but if the OP can get foo_cuefilter working, he can keep his file names tidy.

Filtering Cue Files

Reply #7
I just use windows explorer and set file attribute hidden on the long .mp3 files

Also you can mux the mp3 to matroska and add the .cue as chapter file. resulting in a .mka with chapters which loads in foobar2000 perfectly.
But then again these mka files don't work everywhere.

Filtering Cue Files

Reply #8
Like eevan's suggestion, those are workarounds that should be unnecessary if all is set up correctly for foo_cuefilter. Enigma776, did you check your excluded file types, as phool and I suggested?

Filtering Cue Files

Reply #9
Whoops kinda forgot about this thread but yes cue files are excluded my fault totally something I forgot when changing configs after a reinstall. Seems to have sorted it now thanks.

Filtering Cue Files

Reply #10
Good to know!

Filtering Cue Files

Reply #11
Hello!

I have the Cue Filter plugin. The problem is that it refuses to work, when it would be most useful for me. I usually search the media library with foo quicksearch, which then creates a playlist, but foo_cuefilter fails at filtering it:

Code: [Select]
[22:38:56] CUE Filter: 2 items to be filtered
[22:38:56] CUE Filter: playlist is locked, cannot modify its contents

Any way to work around this? I don't know why it claims it's locked...

Filtering Cue Files

Reply #12
i suspect the playlist is an autoplaylist. you could check to see if foo_quicksearch can send items to a normal playlist or you can manually drag/drop the items into a new playlist.

Filtering Cue Files

Reply #13
i suspect the playlist is an autoplaylist. you could check to see if foo_quicksearch can send items to a normal playlist or you can manually drag/drop the items into a new playlist.

I don't see any options for something like that.

Filtering Cue Files

Reply #14
well i installed foo_quicksearch and it creates normal playlists - not autoplaylists.

BTW, you can check your playlist type by right clicking the tab (or entry in playlist manager) to see if one of the options is autoplaylist properties. if not, then it's a standard playlist.

if it's a standard playlist maybe foo_utils or foo_playlist_attributes could lock it??? (again, i'm just guessing here )

Filtering Cue Files

Reply #15
well i installed foo_quicksearch and it creates normal playlists - not autoplaylists.

BTW, you can check your playlist type by right clicking the tab (or entry in playlist manager) to see if one of the options is autoplaylist properties. if not, then it's a standard playlist.

if it's a standard playlist maybe foo_utils or foo_playlist_attributes could lock it??? (again, i'm just guessing here )

I don't get it. It's already locked, right? Don't I want to unlock it for Cue Filter to work?

Filtering Cue Files

Reply #16
^of course. i was just suggesting other components that *may* have the facility to lock playlists. if you used them, you might want to check their settings. there might even be others that i don't know about.

i assume you checked the right click menu of the playlist you're having problems with to make sure it's not an autoplaylist?

what happens when you create a new playlist and add a cue file using file>open... or add files...

Filtering Cue Files

Reply #17
^of course. i was just suggesting other components that *may* have the facility to lock playlists. if you used them, you might want to check their settings. there might even be others that i don't know about.

i assume you checked the right click menu of the playlist you're having problems with to make sure it's not an autoplaylist?

what happens when you create a new playlist and add a cue file using file>open... or add files...

The generated playlist I get is not an autoplaylist.

If I drag&drop a .cue file to a different playlist it's filtered properly. If I drag and drop to the one created by quicksearch, then it still can't filter it.

By the way How can I set foobar to read cue files when I d&d a folder? (I couldn't test this) I think it used to do it by default a while back, but it was changed.

Filtering Cue Files

Reply #18
you may want to look at file>preferences>shell integration. i think by default, it excludes cue files when adding folders.

as for your original problem, i don't what else to suggest really - other than not using foo_quicksearch.

Filtering Cue Files

Reply #19
you may want to look at file>preferences>shell integration. i think by default, it excludes cue files when adding folders.

as for your original problem, i don't what else to suggest really - other than not using foo_quicksearch.

Okay. Thanks anyway.
What I'd like to know though is what's the point of this playlist locking mechanism, and why can't I tell if one's locked or change it.

Re: Filtering Cue Files

Reply #20
Is there any place where one could find the source code of foo_cuefilter.dll?

Re: Filtering Cue Files

Reply #21
Any chances for working version of Cue Playlist Filter.
Stopped working with f2k 1.5.