Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Share music from home to work (Read 3721 times) previous topic - next topic

Share music from home to work

Hi, I'm new to Foobar2000. And I'm enjoying every part of it so far 

I'm just missing one little feature, hope it's just that I can't find it  I want to share my music at home so that I can play it at work, something like Winamp remote, or the sharing feature in iTunes, just over internet. Is there a plugin, or feature like this in Foobar? Or anyone doing the same thing as I want using another application? I have been using something called "Simplify Media" so far, but it doesn't support FLAC so most of my music is unplayable

Hope someone knows of a way to play my music at work

Reply #1
For that purpose I use Ampache or - since short - Sockso.

HTH
ojdo

Reply #2
Hi, I'm new to Foobar2000. And I'm enjoying every part of it so far 

I'm just missing one little feature, hope it's just that I can't find it  I want to share my music at home so that I can play it at work, something like Winamp remote, or the sharing feature in iTunes, just over internet. Is there a plugin, or feature like this in Foobar? Or anyone doing the same thing as I want using another application? I have been using something called "Simplify Media" so far, but it doesn't support FLAC so most of my music is unplayable

Hope someone knows of a way to play my music at work

Hey Zoney, so can foobar play normal MP3s from Simplify Media? Would you mind sharing how you did that?