Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 873699 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #2150
I don't know if it's the same problem, but I had crashes too. They disappeared when I disabled the Deezer source.

Reply #2151
hello, guys. sorry for being away for a long time. I fixed some crashes in foo_multisource, i hope it is nice and stable now.
also short lyrics (1 or 2 lines) are now ignored by plugin. (no more "instrumental" text, etc)

download v0.56:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
try and tell me if everything is ok now. thank you.

Reply #2153
hello, guys. sorry for being away for a long time. I fixed some crashes in foo_multisource, i hope it is nice and stable now.
also short lyrics (1 or 2 lines) are now ignored by plugin. (no more "instrumental" text, etc)

download v0.56:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
try and tell me if everything is ok now. thank you.
Thanks veksha, been running .56 all day with radio streams, seems bulletproof but so was .55 on my machine.  Can "next lyrics" through multiple sources, etc.  Rock stable.

Reply #2155
Is AZLyrics working for any of you? It seems to no longer retrieve results in my case.

@TT  It crashes intermittently. As of now, I have Deezer enabled but I have tried with different combinations of sources and several of them crashed at some point (not as much as they used to with previous versions, though). QQ, Deezer and NetEase seem to be the most problematic in my experience.

Reply #2156
Checked just now, AZ-Lyrics seems broken here too, no retrieval. The other sources work fine. Using multisource .56.

Veksha, could you take a look?  Thanks!

Reply #2157
Asking a bit about suggested "best practice" for lyrics downloading/embedding here.  There are pros and cons to downloading as files vs. embedding to tags. 
How good is this component at associating lyrics files with filename-changed tracks, for example?

It seems to me that it cannot "import from local files to tags and then delete the file"?

(A possible "wishlist item" would be to use alternate data streams, but that is quite fragile when copying and stuff.)

Reply #2158
Have version 0.5 of Lyric Show 3
In my scenario I have lyrics files locally saved in the directory with music files inside "Lyrics" subdirectory.
Every lyrics file has name %tracknumber% - %title%
So I use Local File search with following settings:

All wokrs fine except one issue:

I have few double-CD albums where 1st CD contains songs (with lyrics) and 2nd CD contains only instrumental compositions (no lyrics). And for such double CDs I put "CD2" folder inside main album folder.
So the structure of folders looks like that:

Here lyrics files for CD1 and CD2 have identical names, because have same tracknumber and title.
Inside lyrics files for instrumental compositions I have text "Instrumental".

And when I play files of CD1 - Lyric Show demonstrates content of files from CD2.

So I need in some way to make Lyric Show use only lyrics from files, contained in the "Lyrics" subfolder of currently played file.
E.g. if file from CD1 is playing - then lyrics from directory "Album Name" / Lyrics is demonstrated.
If file from CD2 is playing - then lyrics from directory "Album Name" / CD2 / Lyrics.

I tried to set Custom search path as $directory_path(%path%)\lyrics but with no success.

Can somebody advise what setting to use for my case?

Reply #2160
Hi.

Lyric Show Panel 3 0.6 (foo_uie_lyrics3) 2023-11-18
https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_uie_lyrics3

-Supported processor architectures: x86 32-bit, x86 64-bit.
-Compatible with both Columns UI and Default UI.

It seems that Dark Mode is not supported.

Thanks.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HIFIMAN ANANDA, HIFIMAN Arya, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Reply #2161
Cool!  Thanks for the x64 compatibility and the search versatility: only non-synced, only synced, prefer non-synced, prefer synced, no preference.

Note that the sources built-in are few:  Minilyrics, Darklyrics, and "timestamped 5" (haven't gotten to ID the latter yet).  So you will still want to install compatible 3rd-party lyrics plugins, such as the still alive and kickin' foo_multisource.  The issue with the latter being, it is not available in 64-bit format, which limits Lyrics Show Panel 3.6's usefulness with x64 versions of Foobar.  Hopefully, Veksha/o or others can do a x64 version of foo_multisource.

Reply #2164
nevermind, no new sdk needed.

here is foo_multisource v2.0 (64-bit, for Lyric Show Panel 3 v0.6):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)@sveakul , can you test if it works for you? thanks.
Hey, thanks for this veksha!!  I've just put it through some preliminary testing with LSP-3.06 and 64-bit Foobar v2.1 prev 2023-11-27.

Have gotten results from all the sources so far except Lololyrics and QQ Music but I haven't moved those to the top yet.  I was glad to see that AZLyrics has been fixed, thanks for that!  Deezer, Metallum, Musixmatch, Genius all working great and returning multiple hits, Minilyrics and Songlyrics working fine.  All this was using the "only non-synced" option.  FAST searching, glad to see the option was kept to show source URL at the top of the results.  Was hoping you would have added Bandcamp but I can look forward to that in the future :).

Foo_multisource 2.0 is packaged as an x64-only DLL, although those using Lyric Show Panel 3.06 on 32-bit Foobars will find that the "original" .56 multisource works great there too, minus some source improvements (e.g., AZLyrics is broke in .56, not in 2.0).

Thanks again veksha for giving 64-bit LSP-3 "life" again by supplying an x64 and improved version of your own work.  Much appreciated!  I hope you will continue to add sources in the future.

Reply #2165
Foo_multisource 2.0 is packaged as an x64-only DLL, although those using Lyric Show Panel 3.06 on 32-bit Foobars will find that the "original" .56 multisource works great there too, minus some source improvements (e.g., AZLyrics is broke in .56, not in 2.0).

Thanks again veksha for giving 64-bit LSP-3 "life" again by supplying an x64 and improved version of your own work.  Much appreciated!  I hope you will continue to add sources in the future.

Yeah, I'm stuck with x32. I do miss AZLyrics quite a bit sometimes, but the other sources I use work just fine.

Thanks for all the work you've done @The vern and @veksha

Reply #2167
Thanks veksha for the update and the several new, well-chosen sources!  A nice surprise for the New Year!

One question: what is the option "Bigger search dialog" meant to do?  I tried checking it and restarted Foobar, but I don't notice anything different than before.

Reply #2168
Thanks veksha for the update and the several new, well-chosen sources!  A nice surprise for the New Year!

One question: what is the option "Bigger search dialog" meant to do?  I tried checking it and restarted Foobar, but I don't notice anything different than before.

see screenshots. small/big.
"Bigger search dialog" will work only with:
foo_uie_lyrics3 0.6
Build Date: Nov 18 2023 10:53:23

Reply #2169
Right, now I see, I hardly ever need to use the manual search dialog so didn't think to check there.

Reply #2170
Hello everyone, I'm using Foobar2000 v2.1 x64 with Lyric Show Panel 3 v0.6, and it seems like the "Associations search" option is causing the player to instantly crash once a file with associated local lyrics file starts playing, even if "Associations search" is placed at the end of the search order list.

All of my files in these formats (FLAC, APE, MP3, OGG, WV) crashed when they had associated lrc or txt files, though for some reason AAC/M4A files played with no trouble whatsoever!

Also trying to double click or clicking the "Properties" button for "Associations search" is causing Foobar to crash the same way.

Testing the same on Foobar2000 v1.6.17 with Lyric Show Panel 3 v0.6 is causing no issues at all, I am able to play all the associated files, as well as opening the association manager.

Is anybody having the same problem, or is able to recreate it?

And thank you @The vern & @veksha so much, Lyrics Show + Multisource components have been making my music listening experience a lot more enjoyable for the past few years :D

Reply #2171
Also trying to double click or clicking the "Properties" button for "Associations search" is causing Foobar to crash the same way.

@HQ84
what if you delete/rename "foo_uie_lyrics3.dll.cfg" config file?

Reply #2172
@HQ84
what if you delete/rename "foo_uie_lyrics3.dll.cfg" config file?

Hi @veksha

I deleted the config file for both lyrics3 and multisource and it kept crashing, uninstalled all components except Lyrics3 and again no change.
I have completely uninstalled FB2K v2.1 x64 and cleaned up all program files+ program data folders, and did a clean install of v2.1.1 x64 with ONLY Lyrics3 + Multisource, and now it's working smoothly, BUT I have lost all past associations; the association manager is now empty.

I checked my old FB2K v1.6.17 32bit installation in both program files & program data folders, but can't figure out where the association list is saved. So there's no way to know if it was a problem with the associations themselves, or with the plugin/program 😥

Reply #2173
Hi there!

Dear developer I'd like to ask you about one feature.  Could you please make "Lyric search" window to remember it width and column width either.  So as no need to resize it manually each time. No doubt every user who use search window would appreciate this.

Thank you in advance!

Reply #2174
So v0.6 causes a crash loop, not nice...