Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Library Tree Discussion (Read 130215 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Library Tree Discussion

Reply #400
Perfect...thank you very very much

Reply #401

I have another question ... is there a way to create a filter that contains the titles of the currently running path?

Reply #402
Just curious: all works well, except for the third instance (of three), which returns this error every time you right-click an item..

Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.5.2 ({46FD88FD-9938-42FF-803E-5C28B87C167C}: Library Tree v2.2.0 by WilB)
GetPlaylistLockedActions failed:
Index is out of bounds

File: menu.js
Line: 156, Column: 25
Stack trace:
  flags@menu.js:156:25
  get@menu.js:57:38
  getItems/<@menu.js:62:37
  getItems@menu.js:62:9
  addItem@menu.js:26:9
  load/<@menu.js:67:52
  load@menu.js:67:18
  rbtn_up@menu.js:474:8
  on_mouse_rbtn_up@callbacks.js:198:13

Reply #403
@DJ FRANK G. 
... filter by currently running path
This is a general title format / query issue. I don't think either can get the current running path.

You could use a different filter for each path (if there are only a few). Choose a unique part of the path to check, e.g.

Code: [Select]
%path% HAS c:\
Change as required

@handleyman

Thanks for the feedback.

It seems plman.GetPlaylistLockedActions(playlistIndex) doesn't handle the playlistIndex being out of bounds.

I'll add a fix to the next version.

Reply #404
@DJ FRANK G. 
... filter by currently running path

I solved it by creating a filter for the now playing album:
album IS $nowplaying{$meta(album,0)} AND album date IS $nowplaying{$meta(album date,0)} AND album artist IS $nowplaying{$meta(album artist,0)} AND medium IS $nowplaying{$meta(medium,0)}

Now I can show all tracks from the nowplaying album as you can see in my video:

https://youtu.be/qFMJGbW6Hgw

Reply #406
Facets

Reply #407
Is there another way to activate/deactivate album cover view apart from the menu option under quick setup (which resets user-defined settings)?

Reply #408
The context menu has an option of either:
Show tree
or
Show album art

If you click show album art, it should take you to the cover of the selected item, and vice versa.

Reply #409
The context menu has an option of either:
Show tree
or
Show album art

If you click show album art, it should take you to the cover of the selected item, and vice versa.
Ah now I see the option - thanks. The right click context menu was the last place I thought to look.

Reply #410
super cool this programming work. Finally, in my nowplaying view, I can display the entire content of the album as information and the title currently being played is displayed as a highlight. however, if there are more than 34 tracks on the album, I have to scroll manually down to view the track currently being played. is there a way to automatically scroll to the track being played?
Thanx

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uQPLg58r4DtzMEJy7

On the first photo you can see how it would be perfect. The seconde photo show the list after the track change...

Reply #411
Context menu has show nowplaying.

Reply #412
Library Tree highlight the nowplaying track...but die Not scroll automatic to show it.

Reply #414
But only library tree can filter the nowplaying data

Reply #415
is there a way to automatically scroll to the track being played?
Are you referring to playlist view? Because you can toggle that behavior from the main menu under playback -> "cursor follows playback".

Reply #416
no that's not the problem.  The current track is displayed here in the library tree.  as long as the album has a normal number of tracks, that's no problem.  If the album has more than 34 tracks and the current title has the track number 36, for example, it will only be displayed after you have manually scrolled down.

Reply #417
Playlist never can filter by nowplaying...so i show the tracks with library tree

Reply #418
I can get a reproducible crash if I r-click on any item and there is nothing in a (or any) playlist. Happened to be a new test install and tried right clicking on an item in the Library Tree as the library was indexing. Error pop-up below. Wasn't sure if this is a known issue or not.

Reply #419
Yes it was reported a few posts above. I have fixed it in my version, but it needs more testing as there are a number of playlist lock-types that need carefully checking.

I think the simple workaround until the fix is released is to send an item to the playlist by clicking an item in the tree, so the playlist is created. Hopefully context menu won't then give an error.

Reply #420
I have this error for some time, maybe it can be solved (sometimes it happens when foobar starts, sometimes while playing a song) :

Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.5.2 ({A2F9FB52-52E4-4C27-BBD5-98D49595455A}: Library Tree v2.2.0 by WilB)
arr1 is undefined

File: helpers.js
Line: 69, Column: 11
Stack trace:
  equal@helpers.js:69:11
  updateLibrary/<@library.js:936:16
  updateLibrary@library.js:926:28
  treeState@library.js:907:15
  on_library_items_changed@callbacks.js:139:6

Reply #421
Thanks for the report.

I'll add a fix to the next version.

Reply #422
I noticed the A-Z jumpbar that appears when scrolling through album covers, a very handy feature to have, though it assumes your library is sorted alphabetically.
Would it be possible to implement a year jumpbar for chronologically sorted views also?

Reply #423
I assume you talking about the character that appears on dragging the scrollbar. Currently it just shows the 1st character whether it's a number or letter. Do you mean you want to be able to show all 4 digits of the year instead, e.g. 2020. But then other views would also show more characters, which seemed OK in a quick test. It also needs a much wider margin, if on left. Please confirm & clarify exactly what you mean.

Reply #424
I assume you talking about the character that appears on dragging the scrollbar. Currently it just shows the 1st character whether it's a number or letter. Do you mean you want to be able to show all 4 digits of the year instead, e.g. 2020. But then other views would also show more characters, which seemed OK in a quick test. It also needs a much wider margin, if on left. Please confirm & clarify exactly what you mean.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
For example if your tree is sorted by %year% - %album%, then the first letter shown on the side wouldn't be too helpful.
So perhaps an option to replace A-Z with the date(yyyy) as you said? What if it was shown in a tooltip so it doesn't take up space in the margin?