Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Flacattack new versions announce (Read 51666 times) previous topic - next topic

Flacattack new versions announce

Reply #50
ooops, download link doesn't work
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=265822"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry about that, should work now.

Reply #51
Just downloaded 0.7 and was trying it out. I think I've got everything configured correctly as I used the GUI for the INI Config.

I noticed these couple of problems that I cannot seem to solve. I'm doing a CDImage archive and not doing any lossy encoding, just FLAC. I noticed that once everything's done, there's a text prompt saying to close the EAC rip window before you press enter or else the LOG file won't be moved. When I try to cancel the rip window it says it's waiting for the extrenal compressor to complete. See the catch 22 here?

The next problem that I'm having is that the external CUE file is missing. While I like to embed the CUE into the FLAC, I'd also like to keep the extrenal CUE around as well.

I also noticed that while I put -6 in the extra options for FLAC, it's using -0 to encode. Am I missing something here?

Let me know if you need me to post my flacattack.ini.

Reply #52
Just downloaded 0.7 and was trying it out. I think I've got everything configured correctly as I used the GUI for the INI Config.

I noticed these couple of problems that I cannot seem to solve. I'm doing a CDImage archive and not doing any lossy encoding, just FLAC. I noticed that once everything's done, there's a text prompt saying to close the EAC rip window before you press enter or else the LOG file won't be moved. When I try to cancel the rip window it says it's waiting for the extrenal compressor to complete. See the catch 22 here?

The next problem that I'm having is that the external CUE file is missing. While I like to embed the CUE into the FLAC, I'd also like to keep the extrenal CUE around as well.

I also noticed that while I put -6 in the extra options for FLAC, it's using -0 to encode. Am I missing something here?

Let me know if you need me to post my flacattack.ini.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

1. Here was somebody who had the same problem. [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=28706&view=findpost&p=255193]http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....ndpost&p=255193[/url]
This issue was never resolved and I haven't  been able to re-create it. I suspect it may be an EAC settings issue.

2. I'll allow for both in the next release.

3. How do you know it is using -0 and not -6?

Edit:
What do you have in your EAC optons-->Tools tab for "on extraction, start external ..."?

Reply #53

[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

1. Here was somebody who had the same problem. [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=28706&view=findpost&p=255193]http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....ndpost&p=255193[/url]
This issue was never resolved and I haven't  been able to re-create it. I suspect it may be an EAC settings issue.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=266828"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

it's me actually who had this problem. but times have changed  ..., no, not really
so let me tell you what happend. i got accustomed to the fact that i had to move the log file manually, but then one day i forgot to do it & then the problem stopped. well, sort of. actually the log file that is being moved belongs to the previously ripped album, it is moved from the directory i save the wave file to, and renamed in accordance with the tags of the currently ripped album. in case you can't follow this rather awkward explanation here goes an example:

1. I rip PLACEBO - Once More With Feeling
2. I get this "catch 22" problem
3. I forget to move the file PLACEBO - Once More With Feeling.log to the flac directory
4. I rip DMB - Everyday
5. Rip completes without problems
6. File DMB - Everyday.log appears in the plac directory, contents of the file refer to PLACEBO - Once More With Feeling
7. File DMB - Everyday.log exists in the eac working directory, contents are relevant to DMB - Everyday

(going through points 3 to 7 always result in a "successful" rip)

strange as it is, this is what happened
I felt weak, perhaps I was.

Reply #54
That makes sense. Since Flacattack was able to find a log file in the folder, it didn't ask you to close the EAC ripping window. It just moved the file that it found and didn't complain.

Reply #55

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=266742"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry about my earlier comment about this being fixed in the next release. What I meant was that I will update Flacattack to match the settings on the GUI. Their is one small discrepancy (sp?). I have removed the "Single file" option from the GUI and replaced it with "Delete log", "Delete cue", and the tag options of "embed cue" and "embed log". To be able to embed the cue and keep an external cue, just manually edit your flacattack.ini file so that :

[FLAC_INFO]
SINGLEFILE = n

and

[TAG_INFO]
CUE = y

Reply #56
Sorry about my earlier comment about this being fixed in the next release. What I meant was that I will update Flacattack to match the settings on the GUI. Their is one small discrepancy (sp?). I have removed the "Single file" option from the GUI and replaced it with "Delete log", "Delete cue", and the tag options of "embed cue" and "embed log". To be able to embed the cue and keep an external cue, just manually edit your flacattack.ini file so that :

[FLAC_INFO]
SINGLEFILE = n

and

[TAG_INFO]
CUE = y
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=266855"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's a little late tonight and I'm a bit tired, so I'll try this out tomorrow. Thanks for the support.

Also, regarding this question:
What do you have in your EAC optons-->Tools tab for "on extraction, start external ..."?

I do not have that option checked, as I'm doing a CDImage, there's no need to start ripping while I'm encoding.

Regarding:
3. How do you know it is using -0 and not -6?

I watched the external window and noticed the command line. I'll have to double check this as I only looked once, so maybe I made a change tot he INI after that.

Also, my real job requires me to code in C#, so if you need a helping hand with the new version, let me know. I wouldn't mind helping out at all, as I've been looking for a small project to work on at home (since time is pretty limited). Just PM me if you need anything.

Reply #57

Stroke, GodHead, and others:

I have found that this issue is indeed caused by not having checked the EAC optons-->Tools tab for "on extraction, start external ...". Once you check that, the problem will go away. Sorry if that causes any problems (it shouldn't though, hopefully).

Reply #58
Version 0.8 now available. See the first post.

Reply #59
Trying to set up FlacAttack and EAC ... all new to me ; )

I have configured both the above as documented (I am writng to individual files) but this is what happens:

after each file is encoded I get an error: 'facli.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close etc.' When I opt not to send error report the DOS window fills with stuff I haven't got time to read and I get a system 'beep'.  Then EAC moves to the next file.

Two problems:

1)The flac files are encoded and moved to target directory but the wav files in the FlacAttack directory are not deleted. (setting ticked in EAC options)

2)ReplayGain info is not written to flac file (according to foobar)

What  are the benefits of the cue file if tracks are written to single files? I also cannot get cue files embedded (I am creating them seperately before starting conversion and they appear in the FlacAttack directory - what else do I need to do?)

Thanks for your patience!

Reply #60
Trying to set up FlacAttack and EAC ... all new to me ; )

I have configured both the above as documented (I am writng to individual files) but this is what happens:

after each file is encoded I get an error: 'facli.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close etc.' When I opt not to send error report the DOS window fills with stuff I haven't got time to read and I get a system 'beep'.  Then EAC moves to the next file.

Two problems:

1)The flac files are encoded and moved to target directory but the wav files in the FlacAttack directory are not deleted. (setting ticked in EAC options)

2)ReplayGain info is not written to flac file (according to foobar)

What  are the benefits of the cue file if tracks are written to single files? I also cannot get cue files embedded (I am creating them seperately before starting conversion and they appear in the FlacAttack directory - what else do I need to do?)

Thanks for your patience!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=267427"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

1) I'll look into this. I do know that you are encountering an error before Flacattack is able to delete the wav files.

2) Same as #1. You are most likely getting to the error before replay-gain can be applied.

You can do a search here for benefits of a cue file. There isn't much benefit if you are ripping to individual files, except that you can use it as a playlist in foobar. There are some other benefits you'll find when you do the search.

Flacattack doesn't allow you to embed the cue sheet in the individual files. There is really no reason to do so. Are you using the GUI to set up the flacattack.ini file? Are you creating several cue sheets? I recommend reading the wiki page about cue sheets. It is very informative.

Thanks for using Flacattack.

Reply #61
1) I'll look into this.

Thanks

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=267704"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'd like to get it working ; )

Reply #62

1) I'll look into this.

Thanks

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=267704"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'd like to get it working ; )
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=267746"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think I know what is wrong. Are you putting the cue file (which you created before you rip the CD) in the same folder as where you are telling EAC to rip to? If not, then Flacattack can't find the cue file and can't finish processing your files.

You should only create one cue file. That file is used to get information to be able to process your files. It must be placed in the same folder as where you are ripping to. Flacattack will then get the info it needs from the cue, fix the cue, and then move your files.

Reply #63
That's a bit of a kludge to create a directory structure manually before EAC does it automatically.

I take it that this is only with individual files?

Guess using .cue and images have a lot going for them. Except for the fact taht I'd rather not use them ;-)

Great work, btw. Please don't take my comment the wrong way--pointing out a nitpicky problem isn't saying anything about the whole of the effort.
Guinness for strength!

Reply #64
That's a bit of a kludge to create a directory structure manually before EAC does it automatically.

You don't need to create any directories. You just have to make sure you save both the cue and the wavs to the same directory and you should be safe. Does that make sense? Sorry if it was unclear.

Great work, btw. Please don't take my comment the wrong way--pointing out a nitpicky problem isn't saying anything about the whole of the effort.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=267968"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the support.

Reply #65
Has anyone run into the problem of "fagui.exe - Application Error"?
Here is what I get when I try to start the gui.

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application."

My OS is Windows XP Home SP2. I am using the latest versions of flacattack.

Thanks!

P.S. I've had no problems running fagui.exe at work on my XP Professional system.
Surf's Up!
"Columnated Ruins Domino"

Reply #66

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application."

Thanks!

P.S. I've had no problems running fagui.exe at work on my XP Professional system.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You don't have the .NET Framework installed:

[a href="http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en]http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en[/url]

Reply #67

Thanks!

[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You don't have the .NET Framework installed:

[a href="http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en]http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en[/url]
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=267974"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That indeed was the problem. It is working fine now. Thank you very much for the quick response. :-)
Surf's Up!
"Columnated Ruins Domino"

Reply #68
Are you putting the cue file (which you created before you rip the CD) in the same folder as where you are telling EAC to rip to?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=267963"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I just tried this. Put [album].cue in the destination directory. (Incidently, do the 'Filename Path' in flackattack.ini and the 'extraction directory' in EAC have to be the same? I've tried all combinations) and I get now an error from flac.exe in the DOS window about the parameter -o : 'cannot use output file parameter when encoding individual files', or something like that. Thing is, I'm not using the -o parameter anywhere!

I'll send you my .ini file

Thanks for your help!

Reply #69
Are you putting the cue file (which you created before you rip the CD) in the same folder as where you are telling EAC to rip to?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=267963"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I just tried this. Put [album].cue in the destination directory. (Incidently, do the 'Filename Path' in flackattack.ini and the 'extraction directory' in EAC have to be the same? I've tried all combinations) and I get now an error from flac.exe in the DOS window about the parameter -o : 'cannot use output file parameter when encoding individual files', or something like that. Thing is, I'm not using the -o parameter anywhere!

I'll send you my .ini file

Thanks for your help!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=268065"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No, the path in flacattack.ini and the EAC extraction directory do not need to be the same. It is actually probably better if they are not.

In EAC, in EAC options, on the filename tab --> what is your naming scheme? It should be set to:

%D - %C\%N - %A - %T

Reply #70
No, the path in flacattack.ini and the EAC extraction directory do not need to be the same. It is actually probably better if they are not.

In EAC, in EAC options, on the filename tab --> what is your naming scheme? It should be set to:

%D - %C\%N - %A - %T
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=268068"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No it wasn't: %D\%T - %D - %C - %T - But changing it has not changed anything. I still get the -o/output-name error and the error with facli.exe when flac.exe fires up.

BTW I've attempted to email you my ini file but the target of your domain redirection bounced.

Reply #71

%D - %C\%N - %A - %T
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=268068"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No it wasn't: %D\%T - %D - %C - %T - But changing it has not changed anything. I still get the -o/output-name error and the error with facli.exe when flac.exe fires up.

BTW I've attempted to email you my ini file but the target of your domain redirection bounced.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=268076"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The -o/output-name error will occur when flac.exe thinks that you are attempting to compress more than one file and force it to use the same "override" name.

FLACattack renames each .wav file it encodes into a .flac by using the "-o" output name parameter. This parameter is hard-coded into the FLACattack source (in the latest 0.8 C# source code, it's at line 487). Basically, it tells FLAC to compress the .wav file and create a .flac file in the directory/name format that is specified by the FLACattack INI settings.

For whatever reason, the "source" parameter going into FLACattack (%s) is resolving into more than a single file, so FLAC complains that you can't compress 2-or-more .wav files into a single .flac file.

Reply #72
The -o/output-name error will occur when flac.exe thinks that you are attempting to compress more than one file and force it to use the same "override" name.

FLACattack renames each .wav file it encodes into a .flac by using the "-o" output name parameter. This parameter is hard-coded into the FLACattack source (in the latest 0.8 C# source code, it's at line 487). Basically, it tells FLAC to compress the .wav file and create a .flac file in the directory/name format that is specified by the FLACattack INI settings.

For whatever reason, the "source" parameter going into FLACattack (%s) is resolving into more than a single file, so FLAC complains that you can't compress 2-or-more .wav files into a single .flac file.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=268315"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's exactly right and very well explained. Thanks.

I have found the bug that has been causing this issue and have fixed it (I think). It'll be in the next release which should come out in the next couple of days.

Reply #73
I have found the bug that has been causing this issue and have fixed it (I think). It'll be in the next release which should come out in the next couple of days.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=268317"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Brill!

Reply #74
Version 0.9 just released. Lots of fixes and some new features. See first post.