Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Speex ist 0.5.1 (Read 4608 times) previous topic - next topic

Speex ist 0.5.1

http://speex.sf.net

Notes: This release brings quality improvements at very low bit-rate (5.7 kbps) and a new post-filter. VBR should also be a bit better though there's still a lot to do. Most of the modes are bit-rate compatible with 0.5.0, with the exception of the very low bit-rate (which is sometimes used in VBR, so expect some glitches). The source (and probably binary) compatibility with 0.5.0 is maintained.

Speex ist 0.5.1

Reply #1
I think this codec would be great to try on vast amount of stuff I have with comedy, interviews, and a bunch of talk-radio type material. Any chance there will be news of a Windows binary before it shows up in Ogg Vorbis? Right now I have a hunch it won't compile with my Borland C++ 3.0.
"Something bothering you, Mister Spock?"

Speex ist 0.5.1

Reply #2
Originally posted by Destroid
Any chance there will be news of a Windows binary before it shows up in Ogg Vorbis? Right now I have a hunch it won't compile with my Borland C++ 3.0.

The sources are too Linux-oriented. Porting them to Windows at the moment would require lots of modifications, that probably wouldn't work in the next release.

Besides, stream compatibility is being broken each new version, so it's not really worth to start encoding now.

Regards;

Roberto.