Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_quicksearch (Read 220345 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_quicksearch

Reply #375
Anyway, does anybody know if it is possible for "Quicksearch for same" to work ONLY on the current playlist rather than the entire media library?
Not possible ...

Reply #376
Hey :). NEMO7538 you did some pretty cool stuff with this component. Please tell me how I can send some appreciation your way. I'm re-hauling my Foobar UI and this component of yours will allow me to do some pretty damn awesome stuff :D.

I sent you a PM as well about this :).

I'm using multiple quicksearch toolbars. Would be...

- SUPER COOL if we could set a keyboard shortcut for activating an individual QuickSearch textbox. This would mean that each QuickSearch has a "name" property so that they can be identified in the Preferences menu.

- Really great if the QuickSearch could be resized to less than 120 px, which seems to be the current limitation. I'm trying to resize a QuickSearch to about 50 px.

I'm willing to work for this, either by money or helping coding if a partnership is possible :)

Reply #377
I figured out my own question, the easiest thing for searching is to use F3 and bring up the Playlist search. That is way easier than creating new playlists with this component... unless of course that is what you wanted.

Reply #378
It may be possible to hack using a query (please enlighten me!), but:
- multivalued fields. On the to do list. But, is it possible to hack a search for substring? E.g., where quicksearch for same artist returns all entries for which %artist% HAS <the selected reference track's artist field>. (Uh, is there a code for the reference track's field value?)
- multi-field hits. So that, e.g. quicksearch for same GENRE yields a matching GENRE but also searches for files for which the STYLE tag matches the reference's GENRE?

And then this:

The whole and simple idea is to consider the string of a special search for same query as group and to check if a multiple selection consists of only one group. If yes then a senseful search operation is possible and if not the user could be informed about that in a popup window.
I already thought about it and may implement it some day

Can I bump this too?

Reply #379
Hi!

Am I missing something or the "%artis% HAS red AND %album% HAS stadium" stuff from the screenshot doesn't work at all?

Nevermind. I found that I had to enable the "Automatic switch to extended search" option.

Reply #380
Is it possible for "Quicksearch for same/" to use values from one tag (%similar% in my case) to perform search in another (%artist%)? For instance, would've like to tag an artist with 5-6 similar ones, separated with ;, then make buttons in PSS (or WSH or JScript), that when clicked would perform an artist search for them and quickly jump to that playlist.

Reply #381
Is it possible for "Quicksearch for same/" to use values from one tag (%similar% in my case) to perform search in another (%artist%)? For instance, would've like to tag an artist with 5-6 similar ones, separated with ;, then make buttons in PSS (or WSH or JScript), that when clicked would perform an artist search for them and quickly jump to that playlist.
Why not simply tag them with the same genre and search for that (either via Quicksearch or Facets/CUI Filter panels/Album list)? Individually tagging every artist with 5 other artists sounds like a ton of work for something you could achieve much easier.

Reply #382
I enjoy tagging, so it's not an arduous task for me. Already have a lot of custom tags. Might be long work though, but I'm in no hurry, can tag whenever I listen.

Tagging them all with the same genre doesn't really work for me, how I imagined the layout, and it's too imprecise. Basically, I have an artist panel with all the info about them, biography, ratings, play counts, images, discography, etc. And now wanted to add these similar artists as clickable textbuttons, that could just be used to quickly jump from artist to (similar) artist. Imagined it something like browsing wikipedia and clicking on links that lead to other mentioned artists.

EDIT: Maybe something like marc2003's last.fm similar artists Jscript. Just, wanted to limit it to artists I have in my library, and for new playlist to be made instead of link to last.fm artist page.

Reply #383
The current version has that option...

Reply #384
Excellent, got the new version, and works great. No need for tagging as well now, even though now I get mass of artists that are currently not in my library. But hey, they can get there sometime. :)

Just wondering, any way to auto-delete other autoplaylists that are generated during browsing?

Thanks a bunch!

Reply #385

I have something made like that in my own config. See screenshot.

The green frame shows similar artists of played artist based on multivalue tag %similar artist%. It shows which one are present in the library and which ones aren't.  Those that are present, thanks to some help from marc2003 (transparent jscript over the artist names), they are clickable and will create an playlist of clicked artist.

Reply #386
That's brilliant, @jazzthieve ! Love the idea, and would love to know how you did it, as even though marc's last.fm similar artists works fine for me now (though, won't display anything for some quite known bands), I have in future plans more crazy ideas, like %similar_albums% as well. ;)

Reply #387
If marc2003's solution is sufficient for you I would say to stick with that since my solution is a bit more involved and needs other components (wilb's biography jscript) and uses some 'dirty' but workable solutions.
If you're still interested I would suggest to start a new thread since this isn't relevant to the foo_quicksearch topic anymore.

Reply #390
Sorry for not responding earlier
It may be possible to hack using a query (please enlighten me!), but:
- multivalued fields. On the to do list. But, is it possible to hack a search for substring? E.g., where quicksearch for same artist returns all entries for which %artist% HAS <the selected reference track's artist field>. (Uh, is there a code for the reference track's field value?)
Can be set up in preferences, if I understood well
- multi-field hits. So that, e.g. quicksearch for same GENRE yields a matching GENRE but also searches for files for which the STYLE tag matches the reference's GENRE?
Definitely no
The whole and simple idea is to consider the string of a special search for same query as group and to check if a multiple selection consists of only one group. If yes then a senseful search operation is possible and if not the user could be informed about that in a popup window.
I already thought about it and may implement it some day ... not anytime soon, sorry

Reply #391
I have a pretty basic question:

I'm trying to to identify a bracket as a character in a query like this:

%album% HAS (

However, the bracket is a special character and I can't for the life of me find how to escape it. I tried ' or '' or / but that's not it. Thanks in advance for the help!

Reply #394
I know this component hasn't necessarily to run on linux with wine. But has someone managed to make it work? I was using it mainly because the official search panel can't be shrinked to show only a search bar.
Also, I couldn't find a thread for the Playlist Organizer plugin from the same developer. That plugin doesn't work too properly with wine. Making Foobar2000 crashing sometimes when moving playlists with a mouse. I know, I know the plugins are old and not made for linux. I'm just asking if they work for someone else.

Reply #395
As long as this was bumped anyway... I actually just installed this today and:

Playlist (inline) will search in the currently selected playlist but will highlight the results in the currently selected playlist. If "Set Focus to search results" is not selected in the preferences page, navigation in the selected results is available through the "Up" and "Down" arrow keys.
The "Up" and "Down" arrow keys part of this doesn't seem to work for me. Is that a known issue or can it be enabled in some way?

Re: foo_quicksearch (Prevent target playlist activation possible?)

Reply #396
Has anyone figured out a way to not automatically activate the Target Playlist?

I have a pane with ESPLaylist that is locked on the "Target Playlist" for always showing quicksearch results in the same place.

I also use ESPlaylist to frequently view 'activated' (not selected) playlists from Playlist Organizer, and everytime I do a quicksearch it changes my playlist view to the quicksearch "Target Playlist" instead of what I have activated in the Playlist Organizer.

Could there be another workaround for this flow that I'm missing? I've read all the help and tried all the preferences.

I tried setting a shortcut to add the contents of the playlist I have highlighted in playlist organizer to a designated playlist that I can lock ESPlaylist on, but it seems to depend on track selections to work, even though it works fine using the context menu on the playlist item under "Contents".

Reply #397
Hello, is there any way when I play the searched song to automatically go to my main Playlist?

Re: foo_quicksearch (Prevent target playlist activation possible?)

Reply #398
Has anyone figured out a way to not automatically activate the Target Playlist?
Sorry this is not possible.
The "search results" playlist is always activated as the vast majority of users : 1/have only one playlist viewer instance 2/ want to see the search results straight away.
The only possibility, once results are displayed is to reactivate the "playing" playlist (e.g.double click on the status bar).

Reply #399
I know this component hasn't necessarily to run on linux with wine. But has someone managed to make it work? I was using it mainly because the official search panel can't be shrinked to show only a search bar.
Also, I couldn't find a thread for the Playlist Organizer plugin from the same developer. That plugin doesn't work too properly with wine. Making Foobar2000 crashing sometimes when moving playlists with a mouse. I know, I know the plugins are old and not made for linux. I'm just asking if they work for someone else.

hi gang
bump for this
under wine, foobar _1.4.8_ crashes as soon as i write the first letter in my quicksearch field
i'm sure it worked some weeks months ago, as i still have my previous favourites showing up

many thanks