Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_quicksearch (Read 219255 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_quicksearch

Reply #50
this is not working for me. neither in textbutton nor imagebutton.
thanks anyway.

I had the same problem, but as Chugfrenzy pointed out, changing the code from "Quicksearch for same .../artist" to "Quicksearch for same/Artist" solved the issue...

foo_quicksearch

Reply #51
Another unusual thing is the statusbar. If I select the search results playlist the time and volume in the right cornor disappear for a short time. You might notice this on slow computers only, too. It doesn't happen if I select normal playlists.

RogerG,

are you using Columns UI? Other than the DUI it adds an area to its statusbar which indicates the read-only status of playlists and therefore it seems to redraw that section of the statusbar with the values for volume, time and write-protection.

I own several computers, on the older (slower) ones, with CUI the behaviour you described occurs with all read-only playlists, including the read-only Quicksearch ones, and it occurs never with unprotected playlists or with the DUI statusbar.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #52
this is not working for me. neither in textbutton nor imagebutton.
thanks anyway.

I had the same problem, but as Chugfrenzy pointed out, changing the code from "Quicksearch for same .../artist" to "Quicksearch for same/Artist" solved the issue...
I've tried in a fresh new portable installation, then in a new normal installation.
I've tried almost any syntax variations. Then managed some tweak in PSS script.
Still not working, when my all others buttons work.

Why did it worked great with first versions of Quicksearch new componenent, and not now...? (for me? and only for me?)
I really can't figure out where the trouble comes from.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #53
I would love to use an ELplaylist as my media library with foo_quicksearch as a filter toolbar. It does nearly work if I i set the target playlist of the search bar fixed and show it in my ELplaylist-viewer. But the problem is that I cannot deactivate the filter and show my whole library, because searching for an empty string does not work.

Could you implement a search option that matches every song as long as the search string is shorter than 3 characters or so?

foo_quicksearch

Reply #54
I really like this component. Would it be possible, that, if I chose target playlist: "XY" (without append search string...), it just replaces the content of this existing playlist instead of creating a second one with the same name first time?

E.g. I have the playlist 'Default' and I would like to see the search results there, instead of a second playlist also named 'Default'.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #55
Delete your first playlist 'Default' once and make a search ....

foo_quicksearch

Reply #56
My search pattern %added% DURING LAST 4 HOURS results in an error message in foobar's console:

Error: QuickSearch : Error during search filter creation

Is this a bug or are time expressions not supported?

foo_quicksearch

Reply #57
The Add button for Tagz strings in the preferences window is now always disabled. So, it is not possible to add such strings anymore.
I cannot reproduce here ...
The add button should be enabled only if the name and the value are not already in the list.
Ok, this explains it. I only changed the name and expected the add button to become available.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #58
But the problem is that I cannot deactivate the filter and show my whole library, because searching for an empty string does not work.
Use ALL as a filter for the whole library

foo_quicksearch

Reply #59
My search pattern %added% DURING LAST 4 HOURS results in an error message in foobar's console:

There is a problem .. I am investigating

foo_quicksearch

Reply #60
I found two other problems:
  • When searching the database during playback of another playlist, the playback continues on the target playlist defined in the preferences after finishing the current song.
  • After selecting a search expression from the history the search is now directly executed. In combination with "Reset search string when successfull" it makes it impossible to adjust a previous search without typing in the whole query again. There should be an option to automatically execute the query after selecting an expression from the history or the favourites.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #61

There is a problem .. I am investigating
Did you call static_api_ptr_t<search_filter_manager_v2>->create_ex(filter,NULL,0); like this, without providing a completion_notify::ptr not equal to NULL? I had a similar problem using it in foo_random_pools in this way.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #62
Thanks fbuser !
I was thinking of something like this ...
BTW the bug should be fixed now and a new version is available.
I will also consider your suggestions above, although it always worked like that.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #63
BTW the bug should be fixed now and a new version is available.

Time expressions are working fine now, also the 'drawing' of the component's preferences panel on slow computers as mentioned by RogerG here has been fixed.

So thank you for the new version, NEMO7538.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #64
Another unusual thing is the statusbar. If I select the search results playlist the time and volume in the right cornor disappear for a short time. You might notice this on slow computers only, too. It doesn't happen if I select normal playlists.

RogerG,

are you using Columns UI? Other than the DUI it adds an area to its statusbar which indicates the read-only status of playlists and therefore it seems to redraw that section of the statusbar with the values for volume, time and write-protection.

I own several computers, on the older (slower) ones, with CUI the behaviour you described occurs with all read-only playlists, including the read-only Quicksearch ones, and it occurs never with unprotected playlists or with the DUI statusbar.

you are right, I use Columns UI. Thank you for the hint!

foo_quicksearch

Reply #65
you are right, I use Columns UI. Thank you for the hint!

I am always glad if I can contribute something useful with my small and simply structured user brain... 

foo_quicksearch

Reply #66
I discover in this moment the new functionality to clear the search history without affecting the favorites and also the new option to delete single items from the favorites.

Many thanks for that !

foo_quicksearch

Reply #67
I will also consider your suggestions above, although it always worked like that.
Sorry, for asking this question, but are you sure about that?

As I always used foo_uie_quicksearch very heavily, I never had the problems I mentioned above. Especially the first issue makes foo_quicksearch nearly unusable for me, as I want the playback to be continued on the playlist I'm currently hearing not on the target playlist of foo_quicksearch.

Also the second issue wasn't working for me in the described way. I always could modify the search expression I chose from the history, which is not possible anymore, as the search is directly executed now.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #68
Sorry, for asking this question, but are you sure about that?

Well ... the devil is in the details sometimes (I suppose you don't use "Playback follows cursor" in Preferences->Playback).
I made a quickfix for the first issue. Can you confirm it is now fixed?

For the recall of the history i am 100% sure that in foo_uie_quicksearch the search was re-executed automatically, the only difference being that the searched string was redisplayed on the toolbar. I need to think about reimplementing it because it has other implications since I removed the "Recall overrides current settings" options from the preferences.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #69
Well ... the devil is in the details sometimes (I suppose you don't use "Playback follows cursor" in Preferences->Playback).
I made a quickfix for the first issue. Can you confirm it is now fixed?
Yes, I don't use "Playback follows cursor" and yes, it is fixed now. Thanks for the quick reaction.

For the recall of the history i am 100% sure that in foo_uie_quicksearch the search was re-executed automatically, the only difference being that the searched string was redisplayed on the toolbar. I need to think about reimplementing it because it has other implications since I removed the "Recall overrides current settings" options from the preferences.
Regarding the automatically execution you're probably right, as I must admit that I only remember that I was able to edit the search string from history. It would be nice to have this possibility again, but the first issue was much more important for me.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #70
I am having trouble with adding the item to the CUI/DUI toolbar (I can only add it to the layout)? Is this implemented? (Will it be implemented?)

What windows theme is that?

foo_quicksearch

Reply #71
Hi, is there any way to display the icon on the right side? like: |__search bar__|(icon)

foo_quicksearch

Reply #72
Quick Search inserts a single space between its playlist name(s) and the appended search string. With #QS_ as indication for the results target playlist and the option "Append search string to playlist name" ticked, I get e.g.

#QS_ [(%added% DURING LAST 24 HOURS) AND (%path% HAS "n:\something")]

Is it possible for me to delete this additional space? 

foo_quicksearch

Reply #74
NEMO7538, could you consider to expand the size of the history in a later version, please? Actually I have reached its limit (32 entries).

Robertina.