Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to use Fade In/Out DSP (Read 1409 times) previous topic - next topic

How to use Fade In/Out DSP

Dear community,

When I change from one track to another, I want to apply a fade out. After the fade out finishes, the next song should start. That is, I do not want cross fade.

As far as I hear, the "Fading" option under Preferences:Output applies cross fade. So, it does not work for me.

That is why I installed "foo_dsp_fadeinout". And then I activated it under Preferences:DSP Manager.

Now, how is this Plug-In used? I configured the DSP and adjusted the Fade in and Fade out lenghts. However, when I stop a track, or when I change tracks, the Fade Out that I adjusted is not applied. Could you please tell me, how I can use this DSP?

Best regards
Koray

Re: How to use Fade In/Out DSP

Reply #1
DSPs don't work on manual track change. They can't do any fade outs as the core asks all active DSPs to drop everything they have stored and start anew with the data coming from the new track.

If you don't mind a little delay before playback starts, you should be able to achieve what you want with an additional component.

Install Pregap DSP.
Configure manual track change fade in to zero under output preferences and only configure manual track change fade out to value you want.
Add Fade In/Out DSP to the chain and only enable fade in. Tick the "Disable track change detection" option so it doesn't get activated when tracks advance naturally.
Add Pregap DSP after the Fade In/Out DSP. Note that this component is a bit special. Its configuration is under Tools -> Pregap DSP menu. Enable option "Add silence after manual track change". Configure the silence to match the fade out length.