Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: AAC and the PS3 (Read 14746 times) previous topic - next topic

AAC and the PS3

So the Playstation 3 quite happily plays AAC audio, but it doesn't understand AAC audio that iTunes generates when it rips a CD.

Is it simply that it doesn't like the m4a container? Would there be a way turn m4a audio into something that it likes? Taking the AAC audio and putting it in a container that it likes? Are there any tools that could do this?

AAC and the PS3

Reply #1
Have you tried renaming the .m4a file to .mp4?

AAC and the PS3

Reply #2
Better question: why are you risking wear and tear on a $500 drive trying to play back burned lossy audio?
JXL

AAC and the PS3

Reply #4
Better question: why are you risking wear and tear on a $500 drive trying to play back burned lossy audio?
JXL

I disagree - that isn't a better question. :]
On topic: I will ask my PS3 owning friend to have a play and see what he can get working and why.
hi

AAC and the PS3

Reply #5
JXL

Uh? The PS3 has a harddrive that is easily user-replacable by any other standard 2,5" HDD, you know. It does not void the warranty either, and the procedure is easily described in the usermanual.

The PS3 can be a damn fine "media center" to play back lots of stuff.
myspace.com/borgei - last.fm/user/borgei