Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How To Delete Right Channel And Duplicate Left To Right (Read 11201 times) previous topic - next topic

How To Delete Right Channel And Duplicate Left To Right

Hi there

We have some karaoke tracks that has the karaoke audio on the one channel but the karaoke audio with the vocal on the other channel.

Please help, is there any software that will allow me to delete the right channel that contains the audio with the vocal and then duplicate the left channel to the right track so the file still has audio on both channels (which will now be identical),

I hope to be able to get back on here or e-mail mitchyman65@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot

Reply #1
I think virtually any audio editor can do this.  If you don't have a preference, Audacity is fairly popular since its free.

Reply #2
I thought so and played with Audacity - must be having a thick day as could not do it. not looked for a while but will soon.

Thanks..

I think virtually any audio editor can do this.  If you don't have a preference, Audacity is fairly popular since its free.

Reply #3
I'd use the channel converter feature under sound forge, and this can be easily automated if you have a lot of files.

Reply #4
I have many many many annoying files lol.  Not seen sound forge before.  Like automated idea.

There are many links on the net for sound forge - can you recommend any safe ones

Russ

(Thanks)

Reply #5
There are many links on the net for sound forge - can you recommend any safe ones

Russ

(Thanks)

It's the official link to download the trial ( commercial software)
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/trials
If it has a 30 day limitation, you could convert your files before.

It was just a suggestion anyways, I'm sure there are other solutions.

Reply #6
I suggest sox for automated conversion

sox input.wav output.wav remix 1 1

The remix effect will put input channel 1 and input channel 1 into the two output channels.

http://sox.sourceforge.net/sox.html

You can script whatever you need with sox.

Reply #7
Hi there

We have some karaoke tracks that has the karaoke audio on the one channel but the karaoke audio with the vocal on the other channel.

Please help, is there any software that will allow me to delete the right channel that contains the audio with the vocal and then duplicate the left channel to the right track so the file still has audio on both channels (which will now be identical),

I hope to be able to get back on here or e-mail mitchyman65@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot

Goldwave is a good tool to delete a channel , and it's easy to use . It's small . (about 5 MB)

Reply #8
Goldwave is a good tool to delete a channel , and it's easy to use . It's small . (about 5 MB)

Agree, Goldwave is extremely easy to use, i have used it myself to delete Right/Left channel and either duplicate or make it Mono.

Reply #9
Audacity:
Click on the drop down menu at the top of the properties box of the sound, on the left
Split stereo track
Delete right channel sound
Edit -> Duplicate (or Ctrl+D)
Drop down menu at the top of the properties box -> Make Stereo Track
Done.

WaveShop:
Right click on the right channel -> Delete channel
Save As -> Left.wav
Right click on the sound -> Insert channel -> Left.wav
Done.

Reply #10
Wavosaur:
Process -> Convert to Mono -> Left only
Process -> Convert to Stereo
Done.

Reply #11
Audacity:
Click on the drop down menu at the top of the properties box of the sound, on the left
Split stereo track
Delete right channel sound
Edit -> Duplicate (or Ctrl+D)
Drop down menu at the top of the properties box -> Make Stereo Track
Done.
Confirmed and seconded.

Reply #12
Nothing against GUI solutions. But if the OP says he has many files to convert, most likely a command line solution will be more effective.