Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates (Read 143203 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates

Reply #275
I'd like a way to save a shuffle between program restarts.

I frequently listen to playlists with Shuffle (tracks), but sometimes I need to close Foobar for various reasons (PC restart, etc.). I'd like to be able to maintain the same shuffle between restarts so I don't have to listen to repeats. Ideally, there would be an option to just maintain the same random/shuffle seed until a "reset shuffle seed" button is pressed.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #276
Please add a visual indicator which playlist is running or a way to jump to the current play position.

Sometimes I accidentally click on a different playlist and can't find the current play position again - this is especially hard, when the play-indicator ran out of the viewport.  Why doesn't the playlist automatically scroll according to the current entry?

Reply #277
Please add a visual indicator which playlist is running or a way to jump to the current play position.

Sometimes I accidentally click on a different playlist and can't find the current play position again - this is especially hard, when the play-indicator ran out of the viewport.  Why doesn't the playlist automatically scroll according to the current entry?

These both exist already. To manually jump to now playing, hold shift and open the View menu and click "Show now playing in playlist". You can bind it to a hotkey or button too. You can also see visually which playlist is playing using the SimPlaylist component.

To automatically scroll to the now playing item, enable 'cursor follows playback' in the Playback menu.

Reply #278
You can also double click on the status bar to see whats currently playing.

Reply #279
Please support Windows 10 Dark Mode.

Reply #280
Tag "Clean up":
* Option to have it leading/trailing tabs/newlines, just like spaces are removed.
* Option to convert other newline to Windows crlf format.

Could be an option under Preferences -> Advanced -> Tagging -> General

Reply #281
Minor request for the "Select stream" feature:
Grey it out if there is only one audio stream.

I could certainly also ask for info fields about __audiostream (now selected), __audiostotal - and maybe get a naming that would be consistent with "picture now selected" and "pictures total number of embedded". (And, for that matter, also number of video streams present in a file, even if fb2k has no intention of displaying it for itself.)

Reply #282
I was not enough clear, and the post is no longer editable.
The columns' width in the File selection properties panel is automatic, which is confusing, when I display a field with a long name, for example Embedded cuesheet (General section) or <MP3_ACCURATE_LENGTH> (Other section). Manually adjustable column widths would be better.

So. i ment: Manually adjustable and memorized (even after a restart) column widths would be better.

Reply #283
Is it possible to have FLAC bitrate fluctuate in real time like it does for lossy codecs? (in status bar/status pane etc)

Reply #284
Only in a hacky way, because the FLAC library literally does not expose that information. A library consumer would need to track how much data is read by the library's file access callbacks, and compare that with how much data is emitted by decoding.

Reply #285
Only in a hacky way, because the FLAC library literally does not expose that information. A library consumer would need to track how much data is read by the library's file access callbacks, and compare that with how much data is emitted by decoding.

What is the static number displayed then? Is it just the average over the total track?

Reply #286
The static number is reported by the library, I assume. It can't be just the average for file size versus duration, as the bitrate is unaffected by things like tags or embedded album art.

Reply #287
If it's not too much trouble, please add an option to the Skip Silence DSP to limit its effect to only specified playlists.
Thank you!

Reply #289
I checked out that plugin. It seems that it lets you assign a specific DSP preset to a playlist, but that won't work for me since I already use several DSP presets depending on if I'm using headphones or not.

Thanks for the suggestion! It's close to what I'm looking for.

Reply #290
A more robust and advanced built-in ways of...
- Finding duplicates in a playlist
- Finding, removing or replacing dead entries in a playlist

Reply #291
Would it be possible to add keys support to the application? I mean very simple set: space (play/pause), right arrow (10 seconds forward), left arrow (10 seconds backward).

Reply #292
I have a pretty specific feature request: Make global hotkeys really global.

I don't know the technical details why this is happening, but when i'm playing games the foobar2000 hotkeys don't work while the game is in focus. Outside of the game they work fine. I even use keys not in use anywhere else (F16-F24). Programs like TeamSpeak, Discord or OBS don't have this issue, so it should be doable. OBS is even open source, so maybe it would be easy to find out how they do it for a developer...

Thanks. :)

Reply #293
Would it be possible to add keys support to the application? I mean very simple set: space (play/pause), right arrow (10 seconds forward), left arrow (10 seconds backward).
Already there, see attached images.

Reply #294
Hi. Can anyone help me to give back an option Open directory by double-clicking on Cover Art?

Reply #295
It would be great if visualizations could take signal before ReplayGain and DSPs.

Reply #296
Hey there!
i like the replaygain-feature, it would be nice though to output the replaygain-info via midi (or serial) to have my monitor-controller do the gain in the analogue domain....
Suggestion: 
0dB-> MidiCCxx = 63
+-0.5 step -> MidiCCxx = +-1
what you think?
thanks!

Reply #297
Is there a possible way to integrate the add-on installation to main program? I think it's convenient to have than browse to the main site.

For example when I found the youtube add-on I searched the creator's site for updates until I found that you also hosted it.

Reply #298
It would be great if visualizations could take signal before ReplayGain and DSPs.
I understand where you're coming from, but that would cause some problems. Some DSPs can alter audio volume, and I user the Peak Meter visualization to see if they cause clipping.

Reply #299
Is there a possible way to integrate the add-on installation to main program? I think it's convenient to have than browse to the main site.

For example when I found the youtube add-on I searched the creator's site for updates until I found that you also hosted it.

What else than Preferences -> Components -> Get updates are you asking for?

That said, it could have been an idea to indicate for each component whether fb2k can indeed check for updates. I don't even know if it can (I don't bother to install something-from-somewhere-random to check). For MathRoomEQ, fb2k says it cannot be updated automatically, but it would be a good thing if fb2k would report that component x cannot be checked for updates.