Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Unable to install dynamic range meter 1.1.1 on Foobar (Read 9699 times) previous topic - next topic

Unable to install dynamic range meter 1.1.1 on Foobar

Running Foobar 1.3.8 on Windows 10 Pro x64. I downloaded the 1.1.1 DR plug-in for Foobar from http://dr.loudness-war.info/. I unzipped the contents to a folder on my desktop, and on Foobar went to File -> Preferences -> Components -> Install... Pointed it to the folder on my desktop that contains the .dll and it's not showing up. Did I do something wrong?

Reply #1
The dialog only displays files with the extension .zip or .fb2k-component by default. If you only have the DLL file, you need to change the display to "All files". This can be done by entering an asterisk (*) in the file name field and pressing Enter.

Alternatively, you can add the DLL file to a ZIP archive (or use the archive you downloaded initially), which is the safer method.

Reply #2
The dialog only displays files with the extension .zip or .fb2k-component by default. If you only have the DLL file, you need to change the display to "All files". This can be done by entering an asterisk (*) in the file name field and pressing Enter.

Alternatively, you can add the DLL file to a ZIP archive (or use the archive you downloaded initially), which is the safer method.

Foobar is too good for me. I thought I had to unpack the archive first, but Foobar works directly with the zip. It works now. Thanks.