Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4559652 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Columns UI

Reply #7425
Aren't new versions announced via f2k->help->check for updated components anymore?
If the component file is not uploaded to the foobar2000 official repository, your check for updates won't find it either. Don't think CUI was ever available there and its not the only component either in that regard.
*sigh* Ok, I was hoping, things would work something smoother, that back in the late 90s... where we had to check a lot of different sources for updates :-]

Anyways,
question about rezising panels in CUI:

I found out, that not locked (and locked, with setting [ x ] allow resizing of locked) panels cannot be resized, if divider is set to 0.
It took me a while to understand why and I want to ask, if this is a feature, or a glitch?

I'd also would like to set the divider to -1 or -2, to save some more space. If this would be possible that would be great.

Another question,
it seems (by setting the devider to >5) the divider is both, for horizontal and vertical space.
If so, I really love to have seperate dividers.
Is this possible? because I like to save space for horizontal, but its not needed for vertical with my layout.

Thank you.

Reply #7426
I found out, that not locked (and locked, with setting [ x ] allow resizing of locked) panels cannot be resized, if divider is set to 0.
It took me a while to understand why and I want to ask, if this is a feature, or a glitch?
More or less expected. 0 means 0 pixels, so there is nothing to drag. It would have to steal mouse input from the panel itself to support resizing in that scenario.

I'd also would like to set the divider to -1 or -2, to save some more space. If this would be possible that would be great.
Negative values are impossible as it is already 0 pixels. If you're still seeing something that looks like a border, it will be part of the panel itself. Most panels have an edge style setting which can be set to 'None' to eliminate borders.

it seems (by setting the devider to >5) the divider is both, for horizontal and vertical space.
If so, I really love to have seperate dividers.
Is this possible?
No, that's not currently possible. (So it would be a feature request.)

Reply #7427
More or less expected. 0 means 0 pixels, so there is nothing to drag. It would have to steal mouse input from the panel itself to support resizing in that scenario.
Ok, good, that I cat set it to 0 then :-) (Maybe a hint text would be useful for other users?)

Most panels have an edge style setting which can be set to 'None' to eliminate borders.
Thanks, I have no borders set, just want to save space around the buttons.

I really love to have seperate dividers.
No, that's not currently possible. (So it would be a feature request.)
Please count it as a feature request, then :-)

Another issue,
I suspect your component is responsible (and/or the "special" mp3 file, I try to play).

I have freshly installed f2kb7 and foo_ui_columns-1.1.0.fb2k-component only. no changes were made.

When I drag a mp3 file, it looks like in screenshot "fresh-install_foobar2000 v1.5 beta 7 _ Playing_ test.mp3_b".
When I play that file, it looks like in screenshot "fresh-install_foobar2000 v1.5 beta 7 _ Playing_ test.mp3_a"

Check the DATE field. (also the COMMENT field changes, but this is only shown in my actual f2k install where a lot of prefs have changed. I have added those screenshots into the attached ZIP file)

In DUI everything stays the same.

P.S.
I have read Forum usage guidelines and if this file is no more of any use or the problem is not with your component, you please can remove the zip from my post (because, I guess, I'm not able to do it after some days).

I appreceate your help, thank you!

Reply #7428
That is certainly curious. I don't think the Default UI playlist displays as much dynamic info as the Columns UI one does, but if you add %date% to the window title or status bar in DUI it will magically change as well. %comment% also changes in an even more random fashion. My guess would be that foobar2000 is not reading the Lyrics3v2 tag correctly.

Also, if you repeatedly use 'Reload file info' in the track's Properties dialog, the values change every time.

Reply #7430
Can anyone verify? There seems to be an issue when changing font sizes. When changing a font size for items the sizes seem to get locked to a specific size and can't get changed anymore. A specific example, I wanted to change the font size of the queue content editor from Tahoma 11 to Tahoma 10 and the font changed to an unknown bigger size. Also, the font size indicator on the fonts tab says 0pt when a font size is changed.
This behavior is present in both the latest beta 1.2.0 beta 1 as in the latest stable 1.1 columns ui version.
When going back to the old 0.51 version font sizes change without issue.

Reply #7431
Does it start misbehaving as soon as you try to change the font, or after restarting foobar2000?

Reply #7432
It goes wrong when changing it, doesn't require a restart. I tried restarting after changing the font size in the hopes it will take the set font size value but that doesn't seem to work either.
For example, testing on playlist dropdown the font name on the font tab says Segoe UI 11pt, I click the change button and select font size 8 and immediately after clicking OK on the font select window the font name (on the columns ui font tab) says Segoe UI 0pt and the font size increases (no restart). This is on the beta 1.

Reply #7433
Thanks. Could you confirm the following:

- if 'Tools/Change editor font' behaves correctly when editing the display script for a playlist view column
- if 'Generate font code' behaves correctly in Item details options
- if this happens with a clean portable installation (with Columns UI installed)
- your OS version and current system DPI (display scaling) setting

Also, when you say it changes to an unknown bigger size, is it a normal-ish size or something gigantic?

Reply #7434
Just tried all your points on a clean portable install and it seems to be totally fine.

I'm on Windows 10 1809, dual monitors 1080p both set to 100% scaling.
The bigger size is just slightly bigger, it seems like a size 12pt or 13pt, no not gigantic.

Reply #7435
But does the original problem happen with the clean portable installation?

It sounds like it may be well be picking up a font size of 0, which would result in something like what you describe. I'll have to send you a test version with some extra logging to work out what's going wrong.

Reply #7436
No, the original problem doesn't happen with a fresh portable install.
On my own install, which also is portable, for some reason after a restart the problem doesn't seem to be persistent on specific items. For example now changing font size for playlist dropdown is accepted but when trying the same on queque contents editor it's the same wrong behavior (bigger font, not able to change) occurs. The only thing persistent is the font size on the fonts tab always says 0pt when changing font size.

Reply #7437
The problem was determined to be foo_ui_hacks. It modifies the font selection dialog, and this is the unfortunate result...

Reply #7438
Hello,

I installed 1.2.0 beta 1

I'm dragging some songs from the current playlist to a target playlist.
See screenshot for my settings.

Can we have an option to switch back to the current playlist, after dropping the songs to the target playlist?

Right now, the target playlist will be activated but I don't checked the option in the settings.

Reply #7439
The switching will be happening from the first option you have enabled. But, as you say, they is no option to switch back after dropping files (if you are using the first option).

Note that you can always double-click on the status bar or pane to return to the playlist containing the playing item (and scroll to that item).

Reply #7440
But, as you say, they is no option to switch back after dropping files (if you are using the first option).
Can it be added to CUI or is this something f2k must offer?

Note that you can always double-click on the status bar or pane to return to the playlist containing the playing item (and scroll to that item).
Most used feature here :-)
But its only halfway working in this context => when music is playing.
Furthermore, you loose your selection if you use that nice feature.
Its nice, but it does not save time and clicks here, because no moving to playlist is possible (which would remove the selection from the source playlist after adding). User has to switch back to the source playlist and remove the selected tracks. Or, if using that nice doubleclick, even has to select the files again and then remove them.

I'm alway looking to find fast solutions for common processes, which repeat a lot.

Anyways,
I recognize in rare cases, that I cannot click or doubleclick into the playlist panel (to select a track).

It happens only, if no selection is made (no focus in playlist panel) and when I *exactly* click between two rows. f2k window is in foreground.

Maybe someone can reproduce this?
I have tried to reproduce this on f2k 1.4.6 with CUI 0.5.1 but it was impossible to reproduce. you always select a song, if you click in the middle of two rows.

Maybe its a new option, I did noe realize? Where can I turn it off? I'd rather select a row too high or too than clicking on a row and nothing happens. feels, like the mouse is broken.

As always, I have on clue, if this is a f2k 1.5b7 issue, or CUI, or both :-)
So sorry, when bothering you with things not of your concern.

Reply #7441
Can it be added to CUI or is this something f2k must offer?
It would be something for Columns UI mainly.

I recognize in rare cases, that I cannot click or doubleclick into the playlist panel (to select a track).

It happens only, if no selection is made (no focus in playlist panel) and when I *exactly* click between two rows. f2k window is in foreground.

Maybe someone can reproduce this?
I can reproduce, and it's a bug. It'll be fixed for the next 1.2.0 version.

Reply #7442
thank you! good to read ;-)

Another thing, I fiddled with my layout and the use custom titles options.

Everytime, if copy and paste a panel, all the custom titles are vanished (from the pasted panel only).

The removal of custom titles is very inconvenient and it is hard to remember when having a lot of splitters, buttons and stacks. (see the attached screenshot).

Is this a bug or a feature?

Reply #7443
I recognized that -while intensivly playing with creating a new layout and changeing panelstructure a lot-  collapsed panels are expanded after pressing the apply button.

This is very irritating, because I collapse panels to not see their subpanels while concentrating on expanded panels and their functions.

If suddenly (after applying a layout) all panels are expanded, its hard to find the last place I have been working.
And its very hard too, because of the above mentioned loss of custom titles 8-]

Could we please have CUI remembers the settings the user has made? ;-) That would be more fun playing around with layout.

Reply #7444
Closing a Panel is the same as removing a panel (from the layout)?

Is this a bug or just an unfortunate wording of the contextmenu item "close panel"?

I expected, when I close a panel, I can open it again. But instead it is deleted from my layout.

Please see animated gif.

Reply #7446
Regarding Main window title format script

The documentation https://wiki.yuo.be/columns_ui:config:main says:
Main window title format script
The title format script that specifies the main window title during playback.
Is there an way to get own scripts shown, if f2k is NOT playing?
It only shows foobar2000 then and I'd like to have the version number too.

Reply #7447
Closing a Panel is the same as removing a panel (from the layout)?
Yes, close means remove in that context. That menu dates back a long time, I'm sure it could be improved.

Alternative Selection Model?

Can somebody tell me, what this is good for and how it is intended to work?
Very old versions of foobar2000 had different behaviour from Windows when making selections (in particular with the keyboard). That option was intended to be a clone of that (for people used to the old behaviour).

One difference is that you can make multiple selections via the following method:

1. Make a selection.
2. Release Shift if you had it held down.
3. Hold Ctrl and press Up or Down to move the focus to an unselected item.
4. Press Ctrl+Space to select this item.
5. Release Ctrl.
6. Hold Shift and press Up or Down.

There is some old documentation here: https://wiki.yuo.be/columns_ui:playlist_view#selection_manipulation

Is there an way to get own scripts shown, if f2k is NOT playing?
It only shows foobar2000 then and I'd like to have the version number too.
No, there is no way to change that.

Reply #7448
I have a question regarding resizing a panel.

I can't resize a panel smaller than the longest entry inside the pulldown menu. (see: toooooooooooolooooooooooooooooooong.png)

The result is, that the layout takes too much space which is missing for the playlist entries.

Is there a setting, so I  can resize the panel with the pulldown menu to a smaller size?

And, if not, can this be a feature request for a coming version?

Reply #7449
That's strange, the minimum width of the output device toolbar is not supposed to be more than 150 pixels at 100% DPI. Could you export your layout to an FCL file and upload that if it persists?

Also, 1.2.0 beta 2 has been released.