Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: can i get album list to disregard release dates ? (Read 607 times) previous topic - next topic

can i get album list to disregard release dates ?

i love foobar

i'm using it skinned with duitunes_beta3_by_br3tt-d6tpm2l , because it's reminiscent of itunes but avoids having that program decide i need to use a new version whenever cupertino forces it on me

anyway, i don't know if it's exclusive to that iteration, but in my many albums attributed to "various" as the artist, it arranges them in album view by date released rather than album name, even though i have no reference to date in the string -

%album%[ '['%album artist%']']|[[%discnumber%.]%tracknumber%. ][%track artist% - ]%title%

is there a way to actively ignore date, seeing it seems to happen passively ?

thanks for any clues, and if there is a string i can use, please include exact syntax, as i am not a programmer, just ocd enough to know where it needs to go in the preferences

cheers