Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_dumb (Read 310187 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_dumb

Reply #375
Some tracks load into multiple different entries, Example.

foo_dumb

Reply #376
Yes, and there's nothing wrong with that. Usually these entries represent subsongs or different themes of the main tune which are intended to be used in the production the module belongs to. Sometimes though these are just abandoned left overs (ideas) the module author toyed with when composing the tune. If you do not want certain subsongs to be played while listening to a module on a regularly basis simply create a playlist and delete any unwanted subsong entries form that playlist.

foo_dumb

Reply #377
This old amiga module: Endtheme sounds wrong. The bass sounds like it plays extra notes or double, lacking a better way to describe it.
I renamed it to a .mod extension to get it playing.

Fixed the looping problem, thanks to 8bitbubsy.

foo_dumb

Reply #379
I believe METROiD - The Punisher +4trn.mod sounds slightly incorrect (with DUMB 1.0.9) - listen to the background melody in the left channel at the beginning and throughout most of the song

foo_dumb

Reply #380
I have already told you this is intentional. Try both with and without the playptmod mode. The playptmod mode is nearly* 100% accurate to behavior mapped from disassembling Protracker itself. It is by design. Please stop reporting features most players don't bother to implement as bugs.

Also, the name of this module is enjoy the silence by emax. For future reference, in case you feel like reporting the same "bug" again.

* I say nearly 100% because Protracker did not support greater than 4 channels, nor did the Amiga support the four extra octaves of pitch range which are enabled by default.

foo_dumb

Reply #381
I do remember reporting this difference for an earlier version of dumb, though I do not recall the reverb of the melody increasing in pitch at the end as it does now - that is what I believe to be incorrect. Sorry if I was unclear previously (or still am in some way). I have listened with and without playptmod and I do not hear this same raise in pitch.

foo_dumb

Reply #382
That tone increasing in pitch only happens in Protracker, and with playptmod mode enabled, as it is by default.

foo_dumb

Reply #383
Okay, thanks for the explanation. Sorry if I wasted your time.

foo_dumb

Reply #384
You didn't really waste much of my time. I did remember that particular intro's name as being posted before, but I had to dig through my various download folders to find it again, so I could verify what you posted.

It is indeed different with the current default settings. If you prefer it at least the other way, disable playptmod in the configuration page.

foo_dumb

Reply #385
Hello, kode54! Foobar2000 v.1.2.3, DUMB v.1.0.9. Problem with transition to the given place in a track.
Example: http://modarchive.org/data/downloads.php?m...=64784#old2.mod
If to include and directly to transfer at 1:33 (for example) that it will be incorrect to be lost, at any slow speed. Before such wasn't...

P.S. The devil, after cleaning of a playlist and player restarting an error disappeared, but I swear, it was. I restarted before a player without cleaning of a playlist, and the error was.

foo_dumb

Reply #386
DUMB 1.0.10 fails to install via the auto-updater; foobar2000 1.2.3 restarts after updating and I check again, and the same update is still given. Updating manually yields the same result. Is anybody else experiencing the same issue?

foo_dumb

Reply #387
Whoops, sorted that one.

foo_dumb

Reply #388
When I press "next" fast through a list of modules it will display the message "Unsupported file format or corrupted file" for some of the files. If I do it slow it plays them just fine.
using version 1.0.11

foo_dumb

Reply #389
I have compiled a little collection of modules not currently working with foo_dumb, I have put them on my website with a note List of Modules

foo_dumb

Reply #390
echobea3.mod = Noisetracker, supported by foo_dumb, plays fine here

jan_caper_-_italo2.mod, rainbow.mod = Soundtracker 2.6, not supported by foo_dumb

runaway.mod = MED 2.10, not supported by foo_dumb

plasticd.mod = OctaMED 4.0, not supported by foo_dumb

mix.mod = Protracker, supported by foo_dumb
Improperly ripped module, first 128 bytes need to be removed from file header (8 zeros at end of file can be removed as well): mix_(fixed).mod

foo_dumb

Reply #391
That was incredible fast
however I get "Unsupported file format or corrupted file" when trying to play echobea3.mod

foo_dumb

Reply #392
Here's something I found to be disturbing for quite a while but never came around to mention it. I find the playback of .psm modules to be inaccurate regarding the volume in certain cases. This is most noticable at the beginning of below listed modules where the volume of certain channels appear to be too low, almost silent.

Jazz Jackrabbit - Battleships
Jazz Jackrabbit - Tubelectric
Jazz Jackrabbit - Industrius
Jazz Jackrabbit - Lagunicus

Hi kode54,

do you have any plans to address this issue? I'm worried that you may have forgotten about it.

foo_dumb

Reply #393
There is nothing to address. Either I output real surround sound, or you deal with phase inversion causing your subwoofer to cut out all the "surround" channels.

foo_dumb

Reply #394
Either I output real surround sound, or you deal with phase inversion causing your subwoofer to cut out all the "surround" channels.

I suppose as the later is not an obvious solution - unless maybe one is aware of this discussion -  I favor the plugin would be able to output real surround sound.

foo_dumb

Reply #395
You're in luck, I implemented surround support. Now it's all up to your surround system, sound hardware, or at least a downmixing DSP component.

foo_dumb

Reply #396
And now SoundTouch based DSPs are broken, unless end users downmix. Very unlikely to fix since its a design "feature" in SoundTouch itself. Unless each chunk instance is fed into a separate class and "mono" samples are fed on each sub DSP instance, just like the others. Oh joy, hacks and a half are fun.

foo_dumb

Reply #397
SoundTouch doesn't support arbitrary numbers of channels? That's weird.

foo_dumb

Reply #398
Correct, it doesn't. Oh well, said downmix DSP component works well enough.

foo_dumb

Reply #399
I've noticed some odd popping sounds on another Amiga mod with playptmod on: leander world two.mod. No big deal, just thought I'd mention it in case it isn't supposed to do that.