Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_dumb (Read 310128 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_dumb

Reply #425
Yes, I know. But I don't use an internal database. For example, yesterday, when I updated foo_dumb to 1.0.29, in properties ALL fields, except Track Title, at ALL chiptunes ceased to be displayed. And what chiptunes I wouldn't launch, at all only one field was displayed. I several times restarted Foobar2000 and deleted the file from index-data (weights 1kb), but it didn't work. Then at some instant everything again began to work, but I didn't understand that it is necessary to make precisely. It seems to me, there is a small error with the appeal to internal database...

foo_dumb

Reply #426
If you have something set to write tags to songs, foo_dumb will tag your files, through its own internal database. Tags are referenced based on file hashes.

Obviously, something is removing all the tags from your files.

foo_dumb

Reply #427
Hello,

I have a problem using the latest version of foo_dumb. After applying the update and restarting foobar an error message comes up:

Error information:

Failed to load DLL: foo_dumb.dll
Reason: Unknown error code (3221225501)

My system information:

windows xp pro sp3
amd Athlon xp (Instructions sets   MMX (+), 3DNow! (+), SSE)
foobar 1.2.6
foo_dumb 1.0.29
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86) - 11.0.51106

Is my system to old? (no sse2)or is there something else missing?

Also tried foo_dump 1.0.30 but got the same error message.

greets,

Ben

foo_dumb

Reply #428
By the way foo_dumb 1.0.30 doesn't inclde unmo3.dll. Is it inteneded?

foo_dumb

Reply #429
Please redownload and install the component again using the main Components preference page, or by opening the download directly.

foo_dumb

Reply #430
Hello,

I have a problem using the latest version of foo_dumb. After applying the update and restarting foobar an error message comes up:

Error information:

Failed to load DLL: foo_dumb.dll
Reason: Unknown error code (3221225501)

Thank you very much. Foo_dumb 1.0.30 is working (again)!!!!

Greetz

foo_dumb

Reply #431
URGENT FIX: The last two or so versions would crash processing any format which did not have envelopes, unless it was MOD or XM. If you find your player crashing on startup due to Media Library processing your module collection, start in Safe Mode and remove foo_dumb, then reinstall using the latest version. Your settings will be preserved.

foo_dumb

Reply #433
The backwards arpeggios? That's how Fast Tracker II plays them. In fact, Fast Tracker II also has an arpeggio note picker table that only extends to 16 ticks, so if a song uses a speed greater than 16, it starts picking values from the vibrato table that immediately follows it. It does clip them to 2, though.

Apparently, my player also has a problem with this change if an XM specifies a header speed of 32 or greater. I should probably mask the access to the first 32 ticks. In fact, I'll do that right now.

EDIT: Ugh, repeat plays break. Sounds like I'm not initializing something properly.

EDIT 2: Yeah, that was literally a dumb bug. I didn't observe that sigrenderer->tick counted down from speed to 1, rather than up from 0 to speed-1. All formats except for XM had backwards arpeggios, and XM stepped arpeggios to an index of -1 into the offsets table, which screwed up as well. All fixed, I hope.

foo_dumb

Reply #435
Found another problematic sample for foo_dumb+playptmod (again from Star Control II): http://uqm.stack.nl/files/music/original/races/talkpet.mod

And it seems that there's a bug in playptmod... ProTracker-win32 plays it even less correct than foo_dumb.

You didn't mention what the playback problem is. The module is horrible, I start to wonder if it's a bad rip or something.
And what playptmod bug are you talking about? If it sounds weird, try it in a good player first. Like XMPlay or Open ModPlug Tracker.
Not to sound arrogant, but I bet that the problem is a bad rip.

EDIT: As I thought! It's a bad rip, the pattern data is not the way it should be. This will not be fixed. Broken modules are broken, trying to make hardcoded replayer patches for them is a huge waste of time. Not to mention that it's extremely filthy.

foo_dumb

Reply #436
Argh, can't edit my last post any longer...
Anyways, I found out the problem. It's not a bad rip after all (despite being nothing like normal music), it just has extended octaves/notes. Since it's a 4 channel .MOD, playptmod assumes it's a ProTracker MOD, so it doesn't enable extended octaves. Also, there seems to be a bug in PTWIN32 where I forgot to handle out-of-range notes properly in the pattern viewer. I'll fix that now (it'll only change the visuals, not the playback).

EDIT: Ok, I updated PTWIN32 now, it did nasty things on "out of range" notes.

foo_dumb

Reply #437
I'll add a workaround to playptmod on my side that will detect the first out of range note from the file and extend the playback range in that case. It is unlikely for files to use notes outside the conventional range unless they actually mean it.

foo_dumb

Reply #438
Great, 1.0.43 works with this track without problems.

...but... there's a small difference between foo_dumb+playptmod and foo_dumb w/o playptmod. The former generates a lower tone at ~17th second (the difference is 5...6%). Don't know what version is more correct though.

foo_dumb

Reply #439
Not relevant to the topic at all.. just wanted to say I've been with foobar since the beginning, and I wanted to say I appreciate you and all your hard work kode. Good to see you're still going strong.

foo_dumb

Reply #440
Hi, kode!

Got some problematic module. When adding it to playlist its scanning seems to go on forever.
Plays fine with XMPlay and OpenMPT tracker (no wonder though).
Here's the module.
link

May I ocasionally ask, what is the advantage of having playptmod checkbox on? Where it is actually applicable? Some tracks definitely sound crappier that way.

foo_dumb

Reply #441
Playptmod is applicable for all Protracker and Fast Tracker II compatible .MOD files, as well as even older Noisetracker files. It is supposed to sound reminiscent of an Amiga playing the files, and it also replicates all of the bugs and other odd behaviors of the original Protracker. If you prefer your Amiga MODs to be interpolated, disable it.

EDIT: Fixed your Bejeweled III module too.

foo_dumb

Reply #442
A drum beat should be played throughout this entire module make it simple.it. Foo_DUMB does not play it from order 04 to 28. Also recreation of the drum sound has a deep reverb which should not be there.

foo_dumb

Reply #443
Playptmod is applicable for all Protracker and Fast Tracker II compatible .MOD files, as well as even older Noisetracker files. It is supposed to sound reminiscent of an Amiga playing the files, and it also replicates all of the bugs and other odd behaviors of the original Protracker. If you prefer your Amiga MODs to be interpolated, disable it.
Thanks for the explanation!

EDIT: Fixed your Bejeweled III module too.

It was the only module with such problem.

And thanks for being an active part of foobar community (and the developer of so many useful plugins).

foo_dumb

Reply #445
I'm sorry to report that the recent fix seems to have caused new issues. For example the sound of the lead instrument in signature.it which kicks in at Order 13 is always cut (silenced) prematurely. The module played nicely with foo_dumb v1.0.45.

foo_dumb

Reply #446
I've fixed it, but I'm sorry to report that the issue was something long standing that you've only noticed just now. It's been there since the earliest of New Note Action code, where it was decided either by myself or by entheh before me that invalid notes would cause a note cut. Apparently, not only do they cause a note fade, but newer trackers like OpenMPT and Schism Tracker actually abuse that design and support a Note Fade command (~~~) in the editor.

foo_dumb

Reply #447
Osom!! Thanks again for fixing.

foo_dumb

Reply #448
Got two impulse tracker modules broken after the update from 1.0.43 -> 1.0.49:
Some instruments kept playing where they used to stop.

After a quick check with OpenMPT, it seems that foo_dumb is ignoring the Note Off command.
tazing.it (patterns 04, 25; channels 16*, 17).
wacked transmove.it (patterns 1, 2, 0; channel 3)
(*) channels 11, 16 on foo_dumb.

foo_dumb

Reply #449
Yeah, those and bunches more should be fixed, after exactly 1.0.49 broke them.