Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_dumb (Read 310130 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_dumb

Reply #325
Fixed. Looks like I was a little over zealous when it came to shrunken format parsing. Looks like packed files always have sample headers of 0x28 bytes, and any files that specify sample header sizes smaller than that are lying.

foo_dumb

Reply #326
Possibly a stupid question:  I don't care about the unassigned patterns in a module, is there some workaround that will allow me to write APEv2 tags to these files (I'm hoping for a solution other than 'delete the patterns from an editor and save to a new file').

Any possibility of supporting Phoenix's '.GDM', which are just .S3M files with hacked headers, as used in his Whiplash musicdisk?:
http://www.scene.org/file.php?file=/music/...ip&fileinfo

foo_dumb

Reply #327
Eyy Kode54 
I wanted to let you know the link to your updated version  of
DUMB Module decoder - Download
is redirecting back to the foobar main download page...
I wasn't sure if the file was missing ie not uploaded yet or what.. but I just wanted to let you know(helping out I guess)

foo_dumb

Reply #329
You must download within 5-10 minutes of loading the page, or else the links become stale.

foo_dumb

Reply #330
You must download within 5-10 minutes of loading the page, or else the links become stale.

.... I never am more then a few seconds away from clicking the download button... its working now...
but its weird though as I have never encountered it before....
thx I'll keep that in mind

foo_dumb

Reply #331
Possibly a stupid question:  I don't care about the unassigned patterns in a module, is there some workaround that will allow me to write APEv2 tags to these files (I'm hoping for a solution other than 'delete the patterns from an editor and save to a new file').

Any comment on this?

foo_dumb

Reply #332
I'll get around to supporting a tag database instead of writing tags to files.

foo_dumb

Reply #333
Hi, I just wanted to thank you for this plugin, it's very useful to me and your frequent updates are much appreciated.  I play back a lot of demoscene music and the integration into foobar using your plugin is really welcome and very well executed, great work!

foo_dumb

Reply #334
Hi, I just wanted to thank you for this plugin, it's very useful to me and your frequent updates are much appreciated.  I play back a lot of demoscene music and the integration into foobar using your plugin is really welcome and very well executed, great work!

Here Here 
I love it as well, some PC Video Games link Uplink use .mod and .s3m files 
all the frequent updates are much Appreciated     

foo_dumb

Reply #335
Tag database implemented, enjoy safely tagging or untagging any module files in your system, compressed or otherwise, without actually affecting the files. All tags will be stored in an index database, with the same retention rules as foo_playcount. Any fields you remove from the meta view will be removed from the tags you reload from the file until you re-add them manually. I may add a system to restore the files' built-in tags, or remove the database tags, but this should be fine for now, since the information removed or added is only stored in an index file.

foo_dumb

Reply #336
Tag database implemented, enjoy safely tagging or untagging any module files in your system, compressed or otherwise, without actually affecting the files. All tags will be stored in an index database, with the same retention rules as foo_playcount. Any fields you remove from the meta view will be removed from the tags you reload from the file until you re-add them manually. I may add a system to restore the files' built-in tags, or remove the database tags, but this should be fine for now, since the information removed or added is only stored in an index file.

This is incredible!  Thank you so much!

foo_dumb

Reply #337
Foo_DUMB Module decoder 0.9.9.63 crashes trying to load module Tw-Solar.it (included in uploaded archive along with crash report).
I was able to recreate the crash with a vanilla out of the box installation of foobar2000 with foo_dumb being the only additional plugin.

foo_dumb

Reply #338
Fixed.

foo_dumb

Reply #339
0.9.9.73 seems to use the wrong samples throughout when playing mptitle.mod.

foo_dumb

Reply #340
That was due to a new pattern counting method, which assumes that there is no extra sample data, and that all of the even multiples of 256 bytes per channel are patterns. I reverted that, and now it only counts patterns from the order list, assuming sample data immediately follows the highest played pattern, and ignores any data past the samples. This breaks olof_gustafsson_-_steelchambers2.mod, but too bad, the opposite breaks a lot more files.

foo_dumb

Reply #341
This is awesome. Thanks a bunch, kode54! Just made my day... and returned(?) a bit of sanity =:)

Observations so far, relative to Schism Tracker (another interesting program):

# Processing files initially takes a fair amount of time using Foobar2000 + foo_dumb.
# The sound appears more raw or less filtered.
# Accuracy seems comparable so far if not just as good.
# Finally, worlds of difference in terms of resources (no actual scientific comparisons done, this is purely subjective).

Cheers man... merry holidays and a happy new year to you and the community!

foo_dumb

Reply #342
Playback of the lead instrument (flute) in you can do it better.it is off, first occurrence at end of pattern 07, again at end of pattern 08.
Tested with foo_dumb v0.9.9.76, used to play fine in older versions.

foo_dumb

Reply #343
Actually, that bug has been around for several versions now. Fixed now.

It affected IT fine and extra fine portamento up effect (FFx/FEx) when NNA voices were active on the channel. The bug was due to code applying the effect still referencing the channel's main voice instead of the NNA voices it also iterates over.

What would I ever do without you? Don't ever stop listening to modules with this thing.

foo_dumb

Reply #344
Don't ever stop listening to modules with this thing.

Heh, well yes, that's the long term plan.
Thank you too for being around and sharing all these great plugins with us. You have build quite an impressive set over the past years.

foo_dumb

Reply #345
These ProTracker modules aren´t played correctly with foo_dumb 0.9.9.77 and 0.9.9.66:
They both play fine on foo_dumb 0.9.9.53.

foo_dumb

Reply #346
Hi mezenga,

I confirm that replay of groovy lemon.mod is quite off, checked with foo_dumb v0.9.9.77.
But I cannot spot any issues with joyride.mod, please elaborate on this one.

foo_dumb

Reply #347
Fixed. But I broke PC_BOOK2.MOD in the process, at least in the default mode.

foo_dumb

Reply #348
Thanks for this great plugin, it sounds good.

I have some MMD0 files (OctaMed) which can't be played with your plugin. Is it possible to see support for it some day? If you need an example file I can send you one.

foo_dumb

Reply #349
I just noticed you released another update of foo_dumb. Wouldn't you agree it's about time and very well justified to increase the main version number from 0 to 1? Looking back at my first post in this thread almost eight and a half year have past!