Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Preloading next file (Read 1703 times) previous topic - next topic

Preloading next file

Is there a way to preload the next file into the mem buffer? Or a more automated foo_ramdisk?

I have an external that LOVES to head park(f*** you WD) and I'm tired of the 4-7 seconds of silence between tracks.

Preloading next file

Reply #1
Increase the buffer length (preferences, playback) to a value above those 4-7 seconds.

In case you have enabled full file buffering (preferences, advanced, playback), revert it back to zero.

Preloading next file

Reply #2
Is there a way to preload the next file into the mem buffer? Or a more automated foo_ramdisk?

I have an external that LOVES to head park(f*** you WD) and I'm tired of the 4-7 seconds of silence between tracks.

Forget about messing with Foobar... fix the drive.  WD has a DOS app that you can run (think it is called wdidle3.exe... but check their site)
that will give you the option to change the intellipark settings in the drive firmware.  I belive you have the option of setting a long delay... i.e. 5 minutes or turning it off.  It is a DOS program though so you have to boot your PC into DOS and all the fun that entails.  Check out the TiVo forums for more detailed info. The Intellipark "feature" is a terminal issue for some TiVos so they have quite a bit on how to fix it.