Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Two M-Audio Audiophile 2496 Install (Read 3068 times) previous topic - next topic

Two M-Audio Audiophile 2496 Install

Hello,

has anyone installed two IDENTICAL M-Audio Audiophile 2496 soundcards on a PC?
i've seen many threads relating to multiple soundcard installations, however, each case involved DIFFERENT cards.  is there any recommended configuration or settings?

btw, the system is:  intel 865PERL MB, 2.8GHz PIV, 512 MB PC3200 DDR, Promise S150 TX2plus RAID (1), two Maxtor 250GB SATA's, Win2k server OS

thank you in advance for your help

Reply #1
M-Audio software should let you control the two. It has the option in its control panel.

Reply #2
See this post for info on syncing multiple m-audio cards in one machine.

Edit: I should add that my friend is running two Audiophiles at the moment, so I can verify first hand that it is possible.  I only have one myself. 

Reply #3
Thank you to both,

the link is helpful; wanted to check in before purchasing

Reply #4
Thank you to both,

the link is helpful; wanted to check in before purchasing

Reply #5
Why two? 

Reply #6
Why two? 

Some software will let you select which sound cards to use for playing. For example, I am using an Ensoniq AudioPCI dedicated to foobar2000 for music playback through a receiver or headphones, while the mainboard's AC'97 handles everything else by way of 2 powered speakers. This lets me isolate the music from all other 'windows' sounds, while still retaining direct control of volume for both no matter what the PC is doing.

transparency just wants to take it to an even higher level.