Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 suggestions (Read 30589 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #125
Ablilty to send currently playing info to current window. ie function like Titlebar for winamp which displays the currently playing song & artist on the top right hand corner of your current window.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #126
If posible MP4 and AAC support and also a diffrent tag editor for MPC - like in Winamp I mean chosing tagtype - APE 1.0 APE 2.0 ID3 1.1
Maybe plugin to display covers from mp3 ogg tags... and lirycs too  But this is not very needable (not such high prioryty like AAC and MP4 support)

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #127
I have many mixed/concert albums in mp3 format. So I wish to have gapless mp3 playing (not crossfading). Now I'm using mp3splice winamp output plug-in and it works very well. Will such feature be included in Foobar? This is the only reason why I use winamp yet.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #128
what would be nice also is to have scrolling titles in the windows taskbar, of course with a naming sheme that i can define in the display options.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #129
I have many mixed/concert albums in mp3 format. So I wish to have gapless mp3 playing (not crossfading). Now I'm using mp3splice winamp output plug-in and it works very well. Will such feature be included in Foobar? This is the only reason why I use winamp yet.

oups sry. this post was nonsence. i thought u were talking about ogg
because they play gapless

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #130
No, it isn't ogg. It's really possible to make mp3 playing gapless. I have use mp3splice for a long time. And there is no album where i can hear any gaps or clicks between tracks. I even don't know where one tracks ends and another begins.

Here is the plug-in: MP3-splicer for Winamp.

(Sorry for my English)

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #131
It would be nice to have the ability to bookmark the current position so that playing can be resumed after rebooting. 

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #132
Oh yeah, jako77!
That is what i always think about when rebooting...

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #133
another suggestion:

we need an option to remove the number in front of the track names (read out tag).
i think the number is not useful for anything if you have something like 3000 files in your playlist. I don't need to know that some Tracy Chapman song is is number 2675 in my playlist. we have a serach option and the playlist is sorted from a-z.

would be nice

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #134
a/b repeat would be cool too
no software player has that

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #135
There is no dithering (noise shaping) for 16bit...
I can't hear the difference but i still want have the best!

edit: sorry, it seems that i've mistaken about dithering...

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #136
1) Maybe use www.foobar.tk or www.foobar2K.tk or www.foobar2000.tk
2) Better GUI is good idea
3) Maybe make translation files?
4) Discwriter plugin is good idea.
5) Maybe make an automatic updater for Foobar2K?

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #137
we need an option to remove the number in front of the track names (read out tag).

I agree (If you talking about the playlist numbers)

Either that, or move it into display options, for manipulation

Edit: Whilst Im at it, why does foobar stop playing if I forward past the end of the current track? (Whilst it will play the ext track if I wait for it to get there.)

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #138

(If you talking about the playlist numbers)

jupp :-)

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #139

(If you talking about the playlist numbers)

jupp :-)

A good idea! Nearly all my files have track numbers in filenames
I've changed only because of myself.
Remember, when you quote me, you're quoting AstralStorm.
(read: this account is dead)

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #140
Basic RIFF wave sampler block support, for looping. Not sure how to handle multiple loops... perhaps paying attention to the loop count, changing the loop flow after each loop has run its course. Not like I have anything that would use that, or plan to design any loops, just extending the basic idea. Original idea is just for a single loop. Example of multi loop:

loop 1: from 16384 to 32768, repeat 5 times
loop 2: from 24576 to 27000, repeat 2 times

Stream plays normally, then jumps back 5 times when it hits the end of loop 1, then jumps back 2 times each time it hits the end of loop 2.

... Come to think of it, I'd be better off implementing this myself. Considering how I only want single infinite loops, though as I was typing this, I thought of a (partial?) solution for multiple loops, since the sampler chunk appears to support up to 4294967296 loop blocks, even if the RIFF file format does not support that much data. I tend to go nuts with simple ideas sometimes.

EDIT: Better yet, instead of this, I'll write a plug-in for the source format I converted from, Lunar:EB's .PCM audio tracks. 16384Hz, mono/stereo, 8 bit (sign bit format, padded to 16 bits, big endian). Files are always an even number of cooked CD sectors (2048 bytes) in length, with the first sector being the header. The first word seems to be a channel indicator, in reverse, as it's 2 for all of the mono files, and 1 for the two stereo files. Stereo files are interleaved sectors of left/right channels. The two dwords following that first word are loop start (sector offset from first sector of audio, must be even for stereo format, or I assume things will get screwy) and loop end. (sample offset from start of audio, I assume it is to be included in the loop) I don't know the significance of the rest of the numbers in the header. Just describing this lovely internal format for anyone who cares.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #141
I'd would like very much if I could configure the player to inmediately play a song added via command line (launched via mirc script for example) without removing the playlist already loaded (and continuing with the next song in the playlist when finished) :P
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=49702"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hello, maybe there already is option for this, but I couldn't find it :) There is option "Commandline - Enqueue incoming files by default when adding from commandline", but it doesn't seem to help when I double click an mp3 in windows explorer.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #142
We definately are in need of an in-build taskbar / tray solution. foo_notaskbar may be a sideway, but it's a very flawed workaround! Why not make this configurable like in Winamp, the user may select his / her best way to handle with a running foobar, either in taskbar and tray, only taskbar or only tray... Right now it's like: Opening foobar, taskbar flashes up and hides - very ugly. You press on the icon in the tray (left or right click doesn't matter), taskbar flashes again... Whee. Please cosider it at least.

Anyway thanks to the author of foo_notaskbar, it's an okay solution.

//edit:typo
"If there 's no soul in the computer's music, it's because nobody put it there." - Björk.

Convertor - Copy files before the convertor starts

Reply #143
I'm converting my FLAC to mp3s for the car and what to embed the artwork. Each folder has a folder.jpg in there. In the code below the --ti "folder.jpg" takes care of this as this will work with the current directory just fine.

If I use this converter for lame.exe it works on the 2nd attempt as folder.jpg has been copied over but it gives an error on the first attempt.

This is the lame.exe command line I have.

Code: [Select]
-S -o --ti "folder.jpg" -b 320 -q 0 -m s - %d

Then for the copy files to the destination folder:
Code: [Select]
folder.jpg

If the convertor copied the files first, I wouldn't get the error and it would be a one-step process.