Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 suggestions (Read 30694 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #75
'k about the MIDI, I guess Winamp gets to live for another few days on my machine. 

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #76
re ASIO support: sure, I just want to get the bits out of my machine unaltered by Windows. I have much better D-to-A and preamp capability outside my machine than on my soundcard.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #77
I am enjoying Foobar a great deal. I just got the NERO MP4 enabled version. I would love to have in_MP4 supported. I wouldn't have to have WA2 installed at all then

Thanks,
David

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #78
i didn't read this whole thread to see if someone already requested this, sorry to repeat if they did.

I'd like to have two 'shuffle' switches, one for albums and one for songs.  That way, I can use a huge playlist with all my stuff, and switch fb2k to play a random album from start to finish, or play random songs from a random album until the album is finished.  And obviously once an album plays completely through it is removed from the queue unless I stop and restart play.  I hope that makes some sort of sense, and might be possible to include in fb2k

Or if anyone knows how to do this with winamp I would be most appreciative  thanks.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #79
i didn't read this whole thread to see if someone already requested this, sorry to repeat if they did.

I'd like to have two 'shuffle' switches, one for albums and one for songs.  That way, I can use a huge playlist with all my stuff, and switch fb2k to play a random album from start to finish, or play random songs from a random album until the album is finished.  And obviously once an album plays completely through it is removed from the queue unless I stop and restart play.  I hope that makes some sort of sense, and might be possible to include in fb2k

Or if anyone knows how to do this with winamp I would be most appreciative   thanks.

For that, Peter should make a playlist first which enables recognizing seperate albums (folders). I think it would cost a lot of time, but it sure as hell works great...

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #80
I second the ASIO support capability. I just dun trust microsoft KMixer. Moreover I just sick of things/apps working around it or god knows what M$ will do with the KMixer in the future. ASIO access the hardware directly & has been around for quite a while, seems the best choice to me.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #81
I think that the "dual-shuffle" method suggested by floyd is fantastic.  I'm thinking exactly the same thing as floyd; why not have the ability to load an entire HDD's worth of music,  by album, into a huge playlist, playing through each album
1)Sequentially as they appear in the playlist
2)Shuffling each song, independent of album
3)Shuffling each album, and playing through the entire album sequentially
3)Shuffling each album, and playing through the entire album randomly

Perhaps this could at least be added to the "to do" list? :-)

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #82
my friend has a 250 cd jukebox that does exactly these types of shuffling, and I guess hanging out there I've been spoiled by it  i've been searching for a winamp plugin to do this, but it seems like while every other useless function under the sun has been implemented,  not this... 

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #83
my friend has a 250 cd jukebox that does exactly these types of shuffling, and I guess hanging out there I've been spoiled by it   i've been searching for a winamp plugin to do this, but it seems like while every other useless function under the sun has been implemented,  not this...  

One thing I've learned about Winamp2: EVERYTHING's been implemented for it

A Google search yielded this neat toy: Album List for Winamp. Indirectly, it'll do what you're asking it to do, that is, play albums randomly, but play them all the way through.

It makes a second playlist window, but with only one entry per album. Double-click an album, and it'll load it into the playlist. You can have it shuffle the order of the albums in its window, thereby randomly playing albums, but playing the album from start to finish.

Thanks for bringing up this feature request, because now I have yet another Winamp2 toy to play with! 

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #84
Is there a fully integrated mail client for Winamp2 yet?

The Law of Software Envelopment

The Law of Software Envelopment
Every program attempts to expand until it can read mail. Those programs which cannot so expand are replaced by ones which can.
   - Jamie Zawinski

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #85
What about a version of foobar for windows 98, I have windows 98 run in my pc and I can't try or enjoy your player ZzZzZzZzZz
MPC: --quality 10 --xlevel (v. 1.15s) (archive/transcoding)
MP3:  LAME 3.96.1 --preset standard (daily listening/portable)

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #86
What about a version of foobar for windows 98, I have windows 98 run in my pc and I can't try or enjoy your player ZzZzZzZzZz

Ditto... also, could someone please consolidate the Foobar-related threads?  >_<

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #87
I think a good feature would be a slight modification to the search tool.  Instead of having it just highlight the entries found, make it create a new 'playlist' of the found items.  Maybe have the search playlists stay up until closed, so the user could create several 'playlists' out of their main playlist.  Somewhat like the current Jump feature in Winamp, but better.

Oh, and why no previous track key?

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #88
Well, this is a suggestions thread, so I figured I would throw some out there for Peter to chew on:

1) How about nixing Restore, Move, etc from the right click in the System Tray?  Most of my other apps down there don't have those options, and people are pretty familiar with double clicking on the icon to bring something back.  I would definately keep an "Exit" option though.

2) You've got "Preferences" and "Open" in the right click menu.  How about an option for "Enqueue"?

3) We can configure what is displayed in the tool tip for the system tray, so can we get a variable for "time" that would show the elapsed time or remaining time based on how we set it in preferences?

4) I've heard it asked before, but streaming support would be nifty.  We've got a radio stream here, and I'd love to use Foobar with it.

5) Oh - yeah - how about fast forward and rewind?  Maybe seek to time?

I can't think of anything else at the moment, so I'll stop asking there... for now .

- Agent 86

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #89
Aside from having the possibility of redirecting the output to disk, I'd like the possibility of disabling the hard limiter, and displaying realtime peak levels of the song being played, in order to detect clipping, doesn't need to be graphically.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #90
my friend has a 250 cd jukebox that does exactly these types of shuffling, and I guess hanging out there I've been spoiled by it   i've been searching for a winamp plugin to do this, but it seems like while every other useless function under the sun has been implemented,  not this...  

One thing I've learned about Winamp2: EVERYTHING's been implemented for it

A Google search yielded this neat toy: Album List for Winamp. Indirectly, it'll do what you're asking it to do, that is, play albums randomly, but play them all the way through.

It makes a second playlist window, but with only one entry per album. Double-click an album, and it'll load it into the playlist. You can have it shuffle the order of the albums in its window, thereby randomly playing albums, but playing the album from start to finish.

Thanks for bringing up this feature request, because now I have yet another Winamp2 toy to play with! 

I already tried album list, unfortunately.  album list doesn't do it..  i couldn't make it proceed to the next album after one is done.  and you have to manually shuffle the albums every time.  it's close, and could be the solution, but for me right now its not

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #91
First of all, this player is now my player of choice (quality first  ), Congratulations for this great job !

I'd like to have :
  • An equalizer like Super Eq (this is already planned : great !!!)
  • The ablility to have some profiles (for instance, one profile for headphones with Eq off and DSP crossfeed on, and another for speakers with Eq on an crossfeed off), it should be awsome !

Cheers,

Marc

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #92
An equalizer like Super Eq (this is already planned : great !!!)

you mean like the Super Eq that is already part of the fb2k installation package AND separately available on the fb2k page under "additional DSPs." (foo_dsp_extra.zip)?   

i'm all for profiles though! 
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #93
Hi ssamadhi97 

I dont't know exactly about Super EQ 

zZzZzZz said (in the first page of this thread):
SuperEQ DSP is planned.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #94
actually i'm not sure about that either.. maybe i should just stop talking out of my ..you know where.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #95
Hi ssamadhi97  

I dont't know exactly about Super EQ  

zZzZzZz said (in the first page of this thread):

SuperEQ DSP is planned.

Yeah, it was planned... until it was put into the release a version or two ago (meaning, oh, about a day-and-a-half ago).

The Equalizer you can reach from the Preferences menu choice (second from the bottom as of v0.3) is SuperEQ. Just remember to enable it on the DSP Manager.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #96
Yeah, it was planned... until it was put into the release a version or two ago

yay, I win  X-)

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #97
Feature Req: Ability to edit ReplayGain tags in Vorbis files?  There are times (although few and far between) that I want to alter those.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #98
it would be good if the user was able to change the background color or even put a picture there.

Foobar2000 suggestions

Reply #99
great work, like foobar, but i would like an inline search that filters the list, and *sometimes* it takes too long to load up with a large playlist loaded (i have 1300 mp3s).

Also, it reports all my lame 3.92+ 192 cbr mp3s as VBR. Its not the first program to do this, but its wrong.. They have id3v2 & apev2. They are not corrupt.. All other files are reported fine.