Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MP3 Factory - a shell script for processing music files on *nix (Read 1866 times) previous topic - next topic

MP3 Factory - a shell script for processing music files on *nix

i'm building what i think is a fairly comprehensive bash shell script for transcoding and processing MP3s on Linux (or any OS that supports Bash, which apparently Windows 10 now does ???) - basically the script is a wrapper that depends on quite a few 3rd party tools to get the job done, including eyeD3, exiftool, ffmpeg, flac, loudgain, mediainfo, mp3gain, mp3guessenc, mp3info, mp3splt, mp3val, rmlyrics3

i'm building the script largely for my own purposes so i'm not too interested in incorporating features i don't personally require, but i do want to share it and hopefully get some feedback from you fine folks, as well as coding critique if possible since i'm just becoming familiar with bash scripting - note that it's very alpha-ish at the moment ... there will be bugs

\primarily it handles transcoding to mp3, integrity checking, rudimentary tagging, optimization and repairs (where possible) and it runs in one-by-one or batch mode - there is a huge emphasis on integrity checking which consists of more than 25 tests at the moment, most of which are configurable

the script is hosted here: https://codeberg.org/12bytes.org/mp3factory

perhaps the best way to really understand what the script does is to read the configuration file: https://codeberg.org/12bytes.org/mp3factory/src/branch/main/config/default.conf

following are the current functions...

Code: [Select]
 1) Tag To File Name
 2) Integrity Check 1
 3) Spectral Analysis
 4) Clean File Name
 5) Convert To MP3
 6) Clean Metadata
 7) File Name To Tag
 8) Write A Tag
 9) Auto-Tag
10) Optimize