Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Creating gapless audio CD from recording with Audacity & Burrn. (Read 3375 times) previous topic - next topic

Creating gapless audio CD from recording with Audacity & Burrn.

Using Audacity 1.3.11-beta, I've recorded just under 18 minutes of audio (party speeches, guitar & singing) off a cassette. I've edited out a few microphone clunks, & done noise removal. It clips slightly in a few places, but those points sound no worse than much of the rest, & the result is good enough considering the poor quality original.

I added a few samples of silence to the end to make it an exact multiple of 588. I've labeled 10 contiguous tracks, with boundaries snapped to CDDA frames.

I've exported a 16 bit 44100Hz WAV, & the labels.

I'd like to create a CUE to use in Burrrn to create a gapless, indexed audio CD with CD-Text. Are there any tools which will convert Audacity's labels.txt export into a CUE, or will I have to make one by hand in a text editor?

Also, have I done anything daft?

1152 x 840 (57.5K)

Creating gapless audio CD from recording with Audacity & Burrn.

Reply #1
I used Label2Cue. I missed it when searching before.