Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Atrac (Read 5196 times) previous topic - next topic

Atrac

is there any possibility to convert or rip audio tracks/files in the sony-atrac format (which is used for minidisc); and play them (with winamp?)

Atrac

Reply #1
Dunnow that, but what I do know is that the OpenMG software(for NetMD) first encodes the MP3 to ATRAC and then transfers the ATRAC file to the MiniDisc (USB). NetMD can only use LP2 or LP4 (no SP), so the quality isn't that good...

Atrac

Reply #2
That's bad, I need a Program that can SP; I think such a Program must exist...

Atrac

Reply #4
Originally posted by Emanuel
Here you'll find a link to an acm codec.

That ACM codec isn't Atrac, it's Atrac3. While Atrac is the coding scheme used in MD, Atrac3 is being used in RealAudio8 at high bitrates.

Regards;

Roberto.

Atrac

Reply #5
what about file extension & how do i play these files (winamp plug-in?)

Atrac

Reply #6
The files generated by the ACM codec are wrapped in a wav header.

So, you can play them in Winamp, since PP's in_wave (Comes bundled with latest versions of Winamp) plays ACM files.

Regards;

Roberto.

Atrac

Reply #7
i converted a wav file with eac (is there a possibility with cdex, too?) and i can't play it with winamp!

Atrac

Reply #8
Originally posted by Linkin
i converted a wav file with eac (is there a possibility with cdex, too?) and i can't play it with winamp!

Strange...

I usually use audio editors (CoolEdit, SoundForge...) to convert audio to ACM compressors.

Regards;

Roberto.