Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CTRL+C (Read 3351 times) previous topic - next topic

CTRL+C

Hello

I am using foobar2000 v0.9.1.
To night I suddenly realised that some of my mp3-files had been modified(SFV CRC-32 incon..) without my knowledge. And it appeared to be because of foobar2000.
I destroyed 5 OR-albums. Just because that I marked a couple of tracks in the playlist and then pressed CTRL+C to copy the titles. So please move or remove the  "rewrite-tags" from the default value of CTRL+C.
... so save some other poor soul the from a huge disaster 

cheers

CTRL+C

Reply #1
Can't you do it yourself?  Prefs -> Display -> Title formatting -> Copy command

Or Prefs -> General -> Keyboard shortcuts

CTRL+C

Reply #2
the default behaviour of ctrl+c inside foobar (and any other software running under windows) is standardized and copies the name(s) of the marked item(s) into the clipboard. it's one of the windows-basics...

CTRL+C

Reply #3
Can't you do it yourself?  Prefs -> Display -> Title formatting -> Copy command

Or Prefs -> General -> Keyboard shortcuts

hehe.. yhea.. I did, when i looked up the source for this problem.. but if someone else like me comes around some day...
I actually took precautions to avoid foobar manipulation my audio-files, removed all the menyes containing tag things/replaygains and so on. I remember in the old foobar version you could block tag-updates.
But regardless a commonly used short-command like CTRL+C should not be used to such a "major-command". Imagine if someone would press CTRL+A and then CTRL+C then thier whole collection would be "destroyed".

CTRL+C

Reply #4
the default behaviour of ctrl+c inside foobar (and any other software running under windows) is standardized and copies the name(s) of the marked item(s) into the clipboard. it's one of the windows-basics...

hmm.. well my CTRL+C was set to  [CONTEXT/PLAYLIST] Rewrite Filetags .. perhaps this could be a setting which has come with ui_columns?

CTRL+C

Reply #5
nope, not here..

CTRL+C

Reply #6
hmm.. well my CTRL+C was set to  [CONTEXT/PLAYLIST] Rewrite Filetags .. perhaps this could be a setting which has come with ui_columns?
The default binding for Ctrl+C is "Copy name(s)". Components cannot change keyboard shortcuts, so unless you copied someone else's configuration file, you must have somehow changed it yourself.

CTRL+C

Reply #7
Ok, well my bet then. Sorry about that.

*hands out beer to everyone involved*