Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC-Winamp-Plugin (Read 8920 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC-Winamp-Plugin

Hello HA-crowd,

I am using winamp 2.x together with the winamp-FLAC-plugin (1.0 beta 7) from mikewren.

Some weeks ago I complained, that the plugin only transfers the complete tag data, if ID3-tags are added to the file and the option is activated in the winamp-plugin, otherwise it was only transfering the title-tag.

Because I really need this function now, I would like to have the sourcecode of the winamp-plugin, to enable the tag-transfer from plugin to winamp myself. Where can I download the latest sourcecode of the plugin in the net (I would like to have the source of the latest release)?

cheers , L01 

FLAC-Winamp-Plugin

Reply #1
have you tried contacting or yourself? i'm not sure how often they check those emails, as i just grabbed'em off google.

also, it is highly suggested that you use winamp's latest version, 5.03. there really is no reason why you should stick with the buggy, unsupported versions of olde.
winamp unlimited.com

FLAC-Winamp-Plugin

Reply #3
ahh, fine, I was already watching the source and I saw where the problem is.... I only hope, that it is the latest source, let´s see... if it works, I will post the changes here (about 10 lines of code) --> have to go home for doing this.

cheers
L01

EDIT: It´s imho the old version of the plugin... I will not work on an old version.. let´s see if the latest source is somehow available

FLAC-Winamp-Plugin

Reply #4
also, it is highly suggested that you use winamp's latest version, 5.03. there really is no reason why you should stick with the buggy, unsupported versions of olde.

winamp 2.95 runs very fine with me and it is very stable (no single crash), even if 5.xx is more stable. Does it theoretically improve sound-quality? If so, I will possibly switch..

cheers
L01

EDIT: Maybe I will go for it once, but I am afraid for my LCD and IR-plugin to work... and my experience is: Never stop a running... ;-)

FLAC-Winamp-Plugin

Reply #5
winamp 2.95 runs very fine with me and it is very stable (no single crash), even if 5.xx is more stable. Does it theoretically improve sound-quality? If so, I will possibly switch..

No basically there shouldn't be any direct sound improvements when switching from Winamp 2.x to 5.x.

However afaik, some Metadata support, especially concerning the media library might have improved quite a bit.

I guess te point that gray ghost was trying to make that it is generally recommended to use the lates stable version of a program (bugfixes, etc) unless there are any specific reasons not to do so.

In case you upgrade to Winamp 5.x, I would recommend installing it without modern skin support.  This way you will simply end up with having an improved Winamp 2.9x, without any of the more resource hungry features of Winamp 5.x

Of course I am no expert on Winamp issues, so anyone feel free to correct me where necessary 

FLAC-Winamp-Plugin

Reply #6
Of course I am no expert on Winamp issues, so anyone feel free to correct me where necessary 

mmh... I also have Foobar 8.1 installed and I also prefere it over winamp, but... I use two plugins which I am so much used to, and which are so perfect for my way of listening to music, that I can´t live without winamp.

1.) albumlist.sourceforge.net is exactly my kind of albumlist I need
2.) The famoes LCD/IR-plugin: http://www.markuszehnder.ch/projects/lcdplugin/

whoops, this was very offtopic now
in any case, cheers
L01

FLAC-Winamp-Plugin

Reply #7
1.) albumlist.sourceforge.net is exactly my kind of albumlist I need

Can't really help you much with that, since I have never used that Albumlist myself. So I wouldn't really know where the differences are between this on and the one FB2K uses are. In fact I don't even use FB2K's album list that much.

IIRC, some people where successful at getting their LCD displays to work with FB2K.  You might have to search the foobar2000 forums a bit to find out how.  This  thread might give you a good starting point.

FLAC-Winamp-Plugin

Reply #8

While 5.x doesn't improve on sound-quality, you're missing out on things like global hotkeys and jump to file extended. While those two features might not appeal to you, there are many other improvements worth trying out. Updating isn't a hassle at all, and it's a small download anyway.

In case you upgrade to Winamp 5.x, I would recommend installing it without modern skin support.  This way you will simply end up with having an improved Winamp 2.9x, without any of the more resource hungry features of Winamp 5.x

My apologies for the amount of self-links I keep posting, but if you're interested in getting the best performance possible for Winamp, or just want to do a few tweaks, I suggest referring to this guide.

That all said, albumlist is a very good plug-in...
winamp unlimited.com

FLAC-Winamp-Plugin

Reply #9

IIRC, some people where successful at getting their LCD displays to work with FB2K.  You might have to search the foobar2000 forums a bit to find out how.  This  thread might give you a good starting point.

yepp, I also saw this, but this LCD-plugin for winamp can do some more interesting things:

1.) Navigation through CDs and Songs via Albumlist

2.) Shutdown/Standby of Windows

3.) Showing the playing song of the actual album

4.) Remote-Control of all winamp-functions.

With this software you can control a music-PC completly over a single LCD-Display and IR-Device.

Yesterday I tried winamp 5.3 in a lean version and I am pretty impressed: It is really like Winamp 2.x: I will try the LCD-Plugin with it as soon as possible.

cheers
L01

PS These pictures are from the LCD-simulation

FLAC-Winamp-Plugin

Reply #10
What are you going to do with the plugin code? Include the ()getextendedfileinfo commands?

If you do so, please post your results here (I find the current plugin to be too outdated).

FLAC-Winamp-Plugin

Reply #11
Why is this plugin called LCD Display, considering that LCD means liquid christal display?
I love the moderators.

FLAC-Winamp-Plugin

Reply #12
Because it displays info on the LCD 

ps: is that the bunny fom donnie darko ? hehehe
Kind Regards , Tcmjr

Aka HellSnoopy

FLAC-Winamp-Plugin

Reply #13
Because it displays info on the LCD 

ps: is that the bunny fom donnie darko ? hehehe

The function of that liquid christal thingy is to display. Therefor LCD display is somehow double or stupid.

And no, it's an evil looking kangaroo. I had that avatar once in color (a nice png) but than the max size for all avatars was reduced and all avatars were deleted. So I had to replace it by something *lossless* being as evil as the old kangoo. btw. I liked the Donnie Darko movie.
I love the moderators.

FLAC-Winamp-Plugin

Reply #14
You could download a free program called girder to control every application on your computer.  If you happen to need a remote you can purchase a cheap TV card with remote for ~$40 to control girder. 

This works excellent for controlling winamp....or any other program for that matter.

Then you'd only be reliant on one plugin.  You can beat this plugin addiction!

FLAC-Winamp-Plugin

Reply #15
Some weeks ago I complained, that the plugin only transfers the complete tag data, if ID3-tags are added to the file and the option is activated in the winamp-plugin, otherwise it was only transfering the title-tag.

I'm using Winamp 2.91 with the FLAC plugin v1.10 and FLAC tags (tagged via EAC or Tagger) on my lossless files, no ID3. I get access to all the standard tags. IIRC, all these tags were also available to me through the v1.0b7 plugin.

Artist: %artist%
Album: %album%
Year: %year%
Track: %track_number% (although the actual tag name is "track"... )
Title: %title%
Comment: %description% (I think... I haven't tried this. The Comment field in the file properties window reads from the "description" tag.)

However, I can't use any non-standard tags, and it's really bothering me. For example, the FLAC plugin refuses to display my "disc" tags when I put "%disc%" in the formatting string.

Maybe I misunderstood your question, but it seems to me that the FLAC plugin should do what you want it to do.