Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC - inserting too many REMs into the cue sheet. (Read 1150 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC - inserting too many REMs into the cue sheet.

Hi folks,

Recently, I had gone through some more rips and found that EAC is now creating a cue sheet with way too many REMs, specially for COMPOSER in the file.

Code: [Select]
REM COMPOSER ""

I'm not even sure if this gets to be burned back to a CD, as I read it is completely to be ignored, so...

Is there a way to prevent EAC from inserting these entries or is it here for good? The other way I can think is to manually remove with a script, but then things can get messy.

Thanks!

Re: EAC - inserting too many REMs into the cue sheet.

Reply #1
Is there a way to prevent EAC from inserting these entries?
Not that I know of.
korth

Reply #2
Ok. Thanks korth.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a PowerShell and BASH script to remove the REM COMPOSER lines of all cue sheets stored in a directory or recursively throughout the directories.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply #3
You asked for a shell script, but everyone needs a powerful text editor ... Notepad++ can do this.
I am not sure if it can undo if it traverses directories - it can when applying to open files.

Reply #4
I was wondering if anyone could help me with a PowerShell and BASH script to remove the REM COMPOSER lines of all cue sheets stored in a directory or recursively throughout the directories.
As part of my foobar tagging process I run a bash script that amongst other things removes everything from the CUE apart from the essentials, so tweaking that for your purpose gives:
while IFS= read -r -d '' CUE_FILE; do
  cp "$CUE_FILE" "${CUE_FILE}.bak" &&
    awk -FS'\n' '!/^REM COMPOSER ""/ {print $0}' "${CUE_FILE}.bak" >"$CUE_FILE"
done < <(find . -name "*.cue" -print0)
That's if you only want to remove empty COMPOSER, otherwise remove the string [ ""] next to COMPOSER in the code.

It creates a backup first just in case something goes wrong, but obviously test it first on a backup

Reply #5
... BASH script to remove the REM COMPOSER lines of all cue sheets stored in a directory or recursively throughout the directories.
]$ (shopt -s globstar; sed --in-place=bak '/^REM COMPOSER ""/ d' **/*.cue)