Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Not my release] Biography view (Read 490757 times) previous topic - next topic

[Not my release] Biography view

Reply #25
For me it works with foo_dockable_panels.

Reply #26
For me it works with foo_dockable_panels.

you're able to scroll text with foo_dockable_panels?
strange, it's not working for me...

Reply #28
Feature request: since sometimes biographies for certain artists are not present in my language, a fallback to english would be useful

Reply #29
Something is different with font size in this plug-in. For instance, Tahoma with a font size of 8 does not match the size of Tahoma-8 throughout the rest of foobar. The font size is output a bit smaller in this plug-in.

Top portion is Tahoma-8 output by the biography plugin. Bottom portion is Tahoma-8 output by foo_uie_lylrics, which is consistent with the rest of foobar.

Edit: Ability to enable/disable custom border around artist/album image would be cool.

Reply #30
Thanks for yet another quality component! I added this to a tab stack under PSS and it is working well under wine. Scroll is working fine for me, just put the mouse over the panel and use the scroll wheel.

Reply #32
I didn't tried it with Default UI first, but even with Default UI it is working. I used the same versions as you, both Dockable Panels and fb2k.

Reply #34
Or check your options regarding trackball. It has been many years, but memory says you can define a button action / ball movement to mimic scroll.

terry

Reply #35
I didn't tried it with Default UI first, but even with Default UI it is working. I used the same versions as you, both Dockable Panels and fb2k.

are you also using XP sp3?
i have no ideia why scrolling doesn't work for me.
i'll guess i have to get used to resize the dockable panel when the text is too long...

btw the bug that caused the last sentence to be cut-off by a few words seems to have been fixed!
thanks

Reply #37
Nice Component. One problem: when using it in album mode, it sometimes gets the album info and sometimes doesn't (on the same album, which does have info on last.fm). Also there is no option for album info text caching (only image) in preferences like there is for artist info.

Reply #38
I realise it's still young but I would like to see;
1) Scroll bars
2) A list of album and a list of artist sources. Selection would be from top to bottom. If no match then move to next source etc.
3) If used as an album art only - could we have the usual scaling\fit options

+1

Great plugin. Takes foobar one step closer to perfection 

Reply #39
Feature request:
A function to change the edge style (None, sunken, grey) of the panel would be very useful.

Reply #40
I love this plugin! I've used it to get some album art (folder.jpg), which it is really great at, and it's already replaced my album art viewer! I've noticed how it doesn't handle album names if they have illegal characters (For instance "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" - 0kB file truncated as "The Chronicles of Narnia"). Otherwise - thanks, I love it!

Reply #41
if they have illegal characters (For instance "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" - 0kB file truncated as "The Chronicles of Narnia"). Otherwise - thanks, I love it!

illegal characters may fix use
E:\COVERS\Artists\$replace(%artist%,'/','-','\','-',':','-','*','-','?','-','"','-','<','-','>','-','|','-')
and
E:\COVERS\Album\$replace(%album%,'/','-','\','-',':','-','*','-','?','-','"','-','<','-','>','-','|','-')

Reply #42
 Something amusing: for songs that lack tags (hence "?" is sent), the panel reads  "Mysterious lo-fi punk from Hungary. They use toy instruments and substandard guitars of the communist era. The name of the band is pronounced in Hungarian as ‘Kérdőjel’ which means question mark in English. "  with a funny image of a guy with a sock on his head. My music is tagged properly of course, so this only happens with new pre-library songs 

Great component by the way, thanks to the dev!

Reply #43
Something amusing: for songs that lack tags (hence "?" is sent), the panel reads  "Mysterious lo-fi punk from Hungary. They use toy instruments and substandard guitars of the communist era. The name of the band is pronounced in Hungarian as ‘Kérd?jel’ which means question mark in English. "  with a funny image of a guy with a sock on his head. My music is tagged properly of course, so this only happens with new pre-library songs 

Great component by the way, thanks to the dev!

Put
$if3(%artist%,)
instead of %artist% into the artist field in server settings

Reply #44
Biography View v2.2 out

Fixed memory leaks are. (v0.2.2)

(translated with google) 

Reply #45
Full changelog:

* Added the scroll function.
* Fixed some bugs.Text saved as a cache to worth out of character; the one time, thrown away.
* opacity to save settings and forget was fixed.(v0.2.1)
* Fixed memory leaks.(v0.2.2)

Reply #46
Full changelog:

* Added the scroll function.
* Fixed some bugs.Text saved as a cache to worth out of character; the one time, thrown away.
* opacity to save settings and forget was fixed.(v0.2.1)
* Fixed memory leaks.(v0.2.2)

How does one scroll with trackball where middle-click is not available ? :I

Reply #47
That's a good point. I wonder if it would be possible to have clicking and dragging on the text as another way to scroll? I think I'd like that, even though I have a scroll wheel. I guess we have to hope the dev sees this and adds it.

Reply #48
if they have illegal characters (For instance "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" - 0kB file truncated as "The Chronicles of Narnia"). Otherwise - thanks, I love it!

illegal characters may fix use
E:\COVERS\Artists\$replace(%artist%,'/','-','\','-',':','-','*','-','?','-','"','-','<','-','>','-','|','-')
and
E:\COVERS\Album\$replace(%album%,'/','-','\','-',':','-','*','-','?','-','"','-','<','-','>','-','|','-')

I know, but if I'd like to see a workaround implemented. $replace(%tag%,'/','-','\','-',':','-','*','-','?','-','"','-','<','-','>','-','|','-') is cumbersome.