Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Not my release] Biography view (Read 490703 times) previous topic - next topic

[Not my release] Biography view

Reply #100
Do you check "enable cache"?
If yes, could you test the disable cache case?

@SSENNA :
The latest one 0.2.7.6 displayed artist images properly until it came across one it couldn't find. Now it stopped showing artist images for which description exists. A restart of foobar2000 did not solve the problem.

Also, a request, please make it possible to manually specify aspect ratio 1:1.

WinXP.SP2 | Foobar2000 0.9.6.5 | Biography plugin 0.2.7.6

Reply #101
Thanks for the reply.

Disabled cache. Network activity shows plugin downloading from website but fails to display.

Did some further experimenting with settings and found that image shows, but only in "Overlay" mode.
This works with both, cache enabled & disabled.

Also, artist image is displayed when text is turned off (in all modes like overlay, top, bottom, etc).

Reply #102
Love this component!! Is it possible to have BOTH album and artist lookup?

A lot of time the album info is not found, b/c it's misspelled or whatever, and it'd be nice to have at least the artist info.  So my #1 request is to allow BOTH options be checked.  Then in config, have these choices.  Then display album info if artist not found and vice versa.  If both are found,  simply cycle between them.

Reply #103
I worked around it by just adding another biography panel.  Should've thought of that first before asking.  D'oh!

A lot of time the album info is not found, b/c it's misspelled or whatever, and it'd be nice to have at least the artist info.  So my #1 request is to allow BOTH options be checked.  Then in config, have these choices.  Then display album info if artist not found and vice versa.  If both are found,  simply cycle between them.

Reply #104
I worked around it by just adding another biography panel.  Should've thought of that first before asking.  D'oh!

That's what I was just about to say lol

Reply #105
OK i must also say that the fact that now it looks both locally and on lastfm makes it the most useful plugin for me!
Now seeing how cool it is i have 2 feature requests:

- a way to know which source is used(local or lastfm)
- related to that either an entry on the right button menu to save it directly as folder.jpg or another format. Or even better would be actions on middle click or double click.

Great work!

Reply #106
I think the only extra thing I would like is the ability to change the layout mode with a button click, please.  I'd like to be able to expand the biography panel from a column to full screen and have it change layout from bottom to left as it does so- I'd like to be able to change it with a PSS button, although a context menu option would work. I'd like to avoid redundant panels.

Reply #108
Feature request. Language priority:

First search biography in JP > if not found, search biography in EN language.

Would be great this. 

Thanks!

Sry for my poor english >_>

Reply #109
Very great plug-in. But I found a bug:

I had an artist named "John Dahlback". But his proper name is "John Dahlbäck" (I hope you can see the character). Last.fm showed the error message: "This is an incorrect tag for John Dahlbäck". Would be great if this bug could be fixed. Of course, I don't really know if this bug is Last.fm's fault.

Reply #110
+1 for scrolling
is there any way to add no limit to the images?

Reply #111
Ssenna, thank you for the update, font renders correctly now.

Reply #112
Very great plug-in. But I found a bug:

I had an artist named "John Dahlback". But his proper name is "John Dahlbäck" (I hope you can see the character). Last.fm showed the error message: "This is an incorrect tag for John Dahlbäck". Would be great if this bug could be fixed. Of course, I don't really know if this bug is Last.fm's fault.

That's an automatic message fom Last.fm. Everytime you have an artist that it's incorrect tagged thez show the right tag. You should change the name of the artist for the correct one (with the ä). Then the error is gone.

Reply #113
can we please have the option to configure the text? maybe add some text.
can we please have a link to the last.fm page option in text and pictures?
can we have an option to remove that white border?

Reply #115
Maybe he's talking about this:
Right-click in the panel --> Preference --> set "Edge Style" to "None"

Reply #116
it might be that im stupid, but how can i make it store everthing it finds (images and text) localy, so that when i listen to the artist again offline it loads these offline files?

I cant seem to make it work. Im using 0.9.6.5, SP3 and DarkOne 1.5.2.

thanx

BTW, grrrrrrreat plugin!

Reply #117
The plugin has cache function

Right click the panel/Server preference/last.fm

In the artist and album tabs check "Enable cache", uncheck "Search cache after online search" and "Disable saving downloaded data"

Reply #118
thanks, it fixed itself.
everyhing was set up as you said it should be, but for some reason, everytime i was offline, nothing was showing.

anyway it's working now, so it's goooood times now!

Reply #119
Okay, I think I discovered something I think is pretty weird.

After getting an Creative Zen mp3 player I noticed that if I embedded cover images into the mp3 files themselves I could make them show up on the screen of my player. So far no problem.

Then I was introduced to this great Biography plugin. However since I listen to a lot of underground metal bands the fm bio info gets quite a few of them very wrong. 

So Falstaff suggested that I use the 'Core Built-in ArtReader' in the Current source list so that I could use it as an Artist panel.
I gave this code to locate my  artist.jpg in the folder where the mp3 resides that is being played:

$puts(artist.path,$directory_path(%path%)artist.jpg)

After doing that I have been getting mixed results. Some of my newer albums did not show the 'artist.jpg', most of my older albums did.

Weird huh?

Well, it gets weirder. After troubleshooting for a week or so I tried removing the embedded cover image from the mp3's of my recent albums.
And wadda you think?

BINGO! Problem solved!

???

Yes I tried several times and I get a 100% correlation.

Now these questions bug me:

1) What has embedding a cover file in the mp3 file to do with the functioning of Biography Panel/View?

2) Can the developer fix this?

3) Being not a coder I wonder; have I missed something?

Thanks!

Reply #120
I gave this code to locate my  artist.jpg in the folder where the mp3 resides that is being played:

$puts(artist.path,$directory_path(%path%)artist.jpg)

Where did you write this?
At least, I think "\" should follow $directory_path(%path%).

"Core Built-in ArtReader" simply receive content of artwork via foobra2000 API.
so, I guess the component is irrelevant to this problem.

Reply #121
This is a really dumb question...    I saw new data in the properties about similar artists, times played. etc. But how do I *use* 'em? Something having to do with $meta(blah)?

Thanks.
<insert signature here>

Reply #122
I don't think it's silly, I was wondering the same thing myself.

Reply #123
try $info(field_name)

If the field_name has angled brackets < > do not include the brackets.

Reply #124
@barty Works for everything else except the information from last.fm